Always Sad

mkgirl01

MK girl,

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. Please try not to feel sad, I know it's easier said than done. I hope you can find a doctor that can truly diagnose you and treat you. There are many on here that have gotten better over time. That is certainly not to say that there will be periods of sadness, fear and anxiety. I know for me, my anxiety (which I never really had before being dx) hit the roof when I was first dx. In fact, the EMT's said it was in fact anxiety. It was only after a hospital stay (my one and only) that I met an Electrophysiologist that then put me on a 21 day heart monitor and set up a TTT. I tested positive. I still deal with anxiety occasionally, but much less now.

My daughter on the other hand (17) was just diagnosed by her cardiologist (she has congenital heart defects) with dysautonomia without having a TTT done. The dr. dx. with my daughter's explanation of how she was feeling as well as them taking her vitals lying and standing. I didn't even tell the dr. I had POTS until after she mentioned that my daughter had it. My daughter is on no medication. She does well if she makes sure to stay hydrated and gets plenty of rest.

Try to keep your chin up :) Like I said, there are many on here that have progressively gotten better. You will begin to notice "triggers" and begin to listen to you body to know what you can and can't do. I had to find a "new normal". Not that I liked it, but it had to be done so I could go on living my life to the best of my ability. And yeah, it pretty much stinks, but we can do our best to do what we can when we can. I still have bad days and good days and I try to appreciate all of the good days that much more.

Best wishes to you!

Be well,

Bebe

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear you're sad on your birthday. I didn't see anyone mention

eliminating toxins. Many of us find that we have food intolerances, esp

gluten, dairy, corn, soy and chemicals and avoiding those should make

you feel better. You may be intolerant of something I didn't list too tho. These are just the common intolerances.

I've found that 5htp helps me avoid being sad. Exercise is great too if

you're able.

fwiw, I have a daughter about your age who had multiple medical

problems that are gone via diet and exercise. Imho, it's worth a shot.

tc ... d