Muscle Tension In Mornings

Hey all,

Anyone else get this feeling of muscle tension when you wake up in the mornings? It's like the moment I open my eyes I feel like I need to tense all my muscles and move around. I just lay here and tense up or "make a muscle" feeling in different parts of my body.

Also, any thoughts in adrenaline dumps in the morning? There's mornings when I wake up and I feel like death and it usually takes an hour to pass (BP and bpm are normal during these times). And does anyone else have a symptom of really fatigued/weak legs that comes and goes throughout the day?

Thanks!

Yup, I feel worst in the morning at wakeup. I am a deep sleeper so I don’t notice it until I wake up, but as soon as I wake up- it feels like I just hiked 20 miles. Legs/feet are supper weak ripped with pain. Takes my medicine and a hot shower to stabilize them. As for the rest of my body – I have been looking for the words to describe my symptoms but you have hit the nail on the head – “adrenaline dumps” is exactly how I feel. I have this slow motion, brain fog, with tachycardia.

Mornings really are my toughest time. I hurt like I have been hit by a truck when I first wake up. I do have fibromyalgia too so not sure how that factors in. Most mornings I am really weak and have tremors. They are even worse if I have any type of physical exertion, no matter how slight, before I am fully medicated. This week has been tough. My legs have been so bad that I am walking like I am 100 years old and holding on to everything so I don't fall. Driving to work really makes them shake. I haven't had "adrenaline dumps" much in the morning, but did wake up with that a couple of nights ago. My brain fog is all the time, lol. The other day I went to my sister's for a barbecue and brought appetizers that were supposed to go on toothpicks. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't say toothpicks, I kept telling her that I needed to put them on Q-TIPS!

I always hurt when I wake in the mornings, and many nights I moan as I toss and turn due to the pain. My muscles and joints always seem to hurt. This is relatively new to me and haven't mentioned it to the dr., I just figure I'm out of shape. I always get out of bed and feel like I'm 100 as I hobble my way to the restroom. Actually, though, energy wise, I do better in the am than in the pm. If I exercise (even Wii Bowlling) for 10 minutes, I'll be so sore for the next few days. I really puts the kibosh on my motivation to exercise :(

Guest Hanice

Early mornings can be scary, you don't know how bad or how good your days gonna be. In the morning I feel awful but it gets worst like from 10-3 then maybe if I'm blessed by the gods that day, I usually start seeing improvement throughout the rest of the evening. IF. Lately I haven't been getting any better at anytime. Im so worried because I feel so bad now. Im scared for my life! I hope we can all find out what's up with us soon.

Most mornings are horrible for me as well. If I have to get up early then I'm sure going to crash later on.

I used to have some sort of tension in my muscles - particularly in my arms and legs, but knock on wood since I started taking magnesium supplements this it's not an issue anymore.

Also, whatever you're calling adrenaline dumps in the morning - it may be worth looking into your cortisol levels actually. The symptoms are quite similar, and since you mentioned your BP and HR being normal...it sounds like a cortisol issue to me.

Keep us posted, and welcome to dinet ;)

Alex