Odd Negative Feelings In Head

Hey everybody i've read alot of posts with people writing of "feeling sick", having "bad days" but i was wondering how your head feels physically during any of these bad days or when you have bad episodes, or even exercise induced episodes. Because for me one of the main symptoms is this odd negative sensation i have in my head starting immediatly after any physical exeration whether it be walking too far (which is not far at all these days), or picking up something heavy and moving it; i get a negative, somewhat physically irritating feeling in my head which is a mix of head pain but on a very low scale, a hangover type feeling, some slow vertigo or head dizziness, and it sort of feels like my head has a split in it. Usually this is the "i've overdone it" signal for me, it imediatly comes after these physical events but lasts for 3-4 days where usually later the first day i'll also get this thing where my brain seems to be processing what i am seeing slower than usual and sometimes i'll be looking at stuff and have a harder time than usual being able to tell what i'm looking it, and i'll have major mental fatigue where i'm just completely mentally exhausted for hours, but my body doesn't really feel bad, nor does my heart.

just to mention i also have these 24/7 visual symptoms

visual snow (looks like static across my whole visual field)

halos around lights

palinopsia (trail after moving object, like waving a hand in my face has a trail follwoing it)

sensitivity to light

negative afterimages from moving objects

depersonalization and derealization

Hello statesof. Sorry you feel unwell. I'm not quite sure about the negative head feeling, I don't know I completely understand what you're describing. I get what I call "seizurey" head feeling. I get the depersonalization and visual disturbances definitely. Aside from feeling lightheaded and that being my most uncomfortable and challenging symptom. The weird head feelings i get are very concerning/disturbing.

Guest Hanice

Look at your eyes. They are probably dialated. You just have to take easy. Do whatever relaxes you like take a bath with the airvents open in your bathroom. Light a candle and try to be calm so that your parasympathetic nervous system could kick in and contract your pupils. Ive been living with (what I think sunds like what you've described here) for two years almost. Its kinda like a drwsiness without being sleepy. Like your head is heavy. You probably have chronic sinusitis too. Im not a doctor or anything Im just giving you the scope on my experience. I have chronic sinusitis that came with pots.

I have been dealing with derealisation all my life since I was a baby (literally) and visual overload where I see shapes and lines too much like at the grocery store I see the dots on the floor like they're popping out almost. Its like a visual overstimulation and understimulation when its derealisation. I think I totally understand what your saying. Its freaky as can be. I know. And the visual snow, do you mean floaters?? I have had those since I got pots.. for me they are like see through squiggly line and rain drops.. if you want to facebook me so we can talk more openly www.facebook.com/nightsshade

Have you been to an ENT? My husband has been suffering from Viral Labrynthitis for the past six weeks. Good news, it's not permanent, bad news, don't know how long it will take to go away. It has to do with a virus that affects your vestibular nerves (nerves going from ear to brain). What you explain about your head is somewhat how my husband explains his. He feels as though his head is going to pop off, not really in pain, although he does get headaches from it. He says that it feels like intense pressure in his head and ears, like his ears need to pop really bad. He doesn't get vertigo or positional dizziness either. He basically says he feels like he's trying to come down with a head cold that just won't go away. I think he's having perceptual problems as well with his eyesight, he recently tripped up some stairs. Not like him at all. Tests have shown that he has visual issues as well, like his tracking is all off.

Don't know if it helps, but you might consider a trip to an ENT.

Hope you get some answers.

Be well,

Bebe

first off thanks for the replies im glad my question didn't get lost in the shuffle of the other topics, and sorry it is difficult to explain this head sensation unfortunately i feel like there are a million words for the different types of head pain but a total lack of terminology for weird or odd feelings, so i'll try to explain it a bit better it is almost if everytime i do something physical or stand up to fast i am reagrivating something in my head and it just makes me feel like there is something phsyically differnet in my head for the next few days, mixed in with a bit of inner head dizziness (though my body doesnt feel off balanced), mixed with not quite lightheadedness but i definately a drained type feeling , mixed with a weird bad hangover feeling, idk its hard to describe because it doesnt exactly feel like anything else outside of my POTS symptoms or since i've been exercise intolerant so its a bit weird; its almost like if you could imagine being run down on sleep really hungover and being put in a hot environment but the physical feeling is specific to only your head and how your feeling mentally. But to respond to your posts Misstraci and Freaked can you try to explain your "seizurey" head feelings because i think i've had that as well but its another one of those feelings that would be difficult to explain so if you could try and explain that in more detail i'd be interested. bebe i have not been to an ent just neurologists up at Mayo who assume most of my neurological symptoms are a mixure of POTS and migraine (i also get migrain associated vertigo, which i was informed by my doctor is something that they dont even know what it exactly is or at least not the mechanism behind it), and Hanice i've had the visual symptoms for about 4 years without any major exercise intolerance (the exercise intolerance and headrushes is what had the doctors give me a TTT which showed some sign of POTS), but to answer your responce my eye aren't usually dilated which was one thing i used to check just to make sure they were doing fine since my other visual symptoms dont manifest in any outwardly physical ways, but its nice to see i'm not the only one with derealization does yours affect how you feel mentally? like sometimes i feel like i'm in a bubble or just detached from everything, and things look almost picture like or a bit alice in wonderland-like at times? And i do know what you mean by lines and stuff sticking out too much and going to grocerie stores, sometims i find it difficult to find what i'm shopping for because there so many items in each isle its like trying to do an eye spy book, but that sort of visual overload is a bit different to what i feel after physical exertions, but at times it does make my head feel a bit bubbly if that makes sense

Guest Hanice

It does affect the way I feel sometimes. Have you ever heard of synesthesia? I have some of that too. Certain sounds hurt my teeth, like when I hear the sound of styrofome cups rubbing up against eachother really hurt my teeth. When I was little I remember looking at my hands and screaming because I didnt know what that material/mass was, i felt like i wasnt real.. Its not like that anymore thank goodness but yeah.. Now I mostly just get visually overstimulated and that sends me into a panick. Like I can see detail much more HD than I did before pots. Like the lines on corduroy cought off my periferal has freaked me out in the past. Derealisation is understimulation what I have now is Overstimulation and I think it has to do with the pressure in my sinusis since I do have chronic sinusitis because of pots. Plus the adrenalin surges dont help much either. I think I might start a poll on these crazy things untold. I bet lots of us have derealization and some synesthesia..

For me, the 'seizury' head feeling is kind of lightheadedness, feeling about to pass out or have a seizure (although I haven't knowingly had one, this is what I imagine it to feel like). It's a feeling I can't control or make better. My head feels heavy, stuffed, dizzy, weird, it's so hard to explain as I'm sure all of you know. It's almost as if it's congested and not clear. It feels as if I took some meds or a vacuum and cleaned my head out, it'd be "clear" and not feel that way.

I can totally relate to the head/vision problems and I also have a hard time describing them. My brain/reaction times/thinking all slow down if I overdo it. It is like running out of batteries. My vision will also get worse, and I feel like I am in a bad movie...or my head is in a fishbowl.

Bright colors..especially in grocery stores look distracting, almost obnoxious. Patterns will have a movement to them and fine print will look like chinese.

I can also feel like I have the flu when all of this is going on. It really isn't fun and I am sorry you are suffering with it too.