Does Your Urine Stay Yellow Or Get Clear?

sue1234

Urine amount and color  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The basic theory is, if you"re dehydrated, your urine will be concentrated. So, I am wondering about the urine color of all of you that actually drink alot to keep your fluids up.

I was in the hospital recently to do a 72-hour fast, checking my blood sugar. BTW, my glucose went down to 41. If I had gotten to 40 they were going to investigate for an insulinoma. Yea, I'm sure that 1 extra point definitely means I don't have one(being sarcastic!). Anyway, I had 2000 cc of saline a day, plus all the water I cared to drink, which was about another 1500 cc. I urinated all that amount out, plus maybe a little more, as they were collecting it for output purposes. The whole time my urine stayed around a light to medium yellow color. I have noticed this at home, just not as pronounced as it mixes with toilet water.

Why when I take in so much fluid is my urine still yellow? I remember in my nonPOTS days having times where my urine was clear from drinking lots of fluids.

I wake every morning with orange urine. In the am I drink 2 cups of coffee, and a fruit/veg shake, then about 32+oz of water/propel. My urine during this time is usually yellow and cloudy. I urinate throughout the day, never really calculated, but I would guess that I go about once or twice an hour. Later in the afternoon, I have a beer or two (I'm totally not condoning alcohol) and my urine is almost clear. The only time of day it is clear. I only mention this because I find it odd that alcohol is supposed to dehydrate, yet after I drink a couple of beers, it's perfectly light to clear and I don't urinate as much (I don't think). Then later in the evening, I drink about 64+ oz. of water between late afternoon and bedtime again urinating about once or twice an hour. I don't drink tea or soda.

The color is darkest in the morning and tends to lighten a bit during the day, but it does vary during the day. I drink constantly but it seems to go out as fast as it goes in. No matter how much I drink, I'm still dehydrated. I can't get the fluids in fast enough. I have a lapband, so that does slow me down. No chugging water for me.