Support Hose

Jenn202

I was wondering how many people on this board use compression hose and what level of difference you feel when you use them?

I started using them on my trip to Dr Grubb and have seen a huge difference in how I feel.. I have been able to stave off IV fluids this month which is a biggy for me.

I use the 30-40's that are full pantyhose. They do make a big difference on days, but on some days, I really don't notice a difference. They don't consistenly keep my BP up or lower my HR but I do notice when I take them off I feel my legs fill with blood/fluid and they turn purple shortly thereafter. Anyway, I wear them EVERYDAY. Occasionally I will take them off a few hours before bed if the are bugging me but usually only at bedtime and showertime do they come off.

I am glad you are getting results from them too. It sure beat the heck out of IV fluids! :)

Thanks Danelle! How do you guys where them in the summertime? Would I be able to cut off the foot part or would that defeat the purpose?

I have two pairs of 40's I got through insurance with a prescription. They help a little bit, but I have never had any swelling in my feet or legs. I wear them when I am going to be up and around or have to stand much.

I find them hard to put on and I am worn out once they are one. I also have Fibromyalgia and sometimes I hurt too much to put them on.

One thing I don't like... having to go potty!!! With how much I drink, I go a lot and once they are on, find it hard to pull them down far enough to go and then hard to get them back up.

BUT... they are defineately worth a try because they are non invasive and non medical and if they help it's just one more option you can rely on!

~Roselover

Hi -- there are a ton of strings on the topic of compression hose--you can read lots of people's experiences if you do a search. Briefly, I love my 30-40 mediven thigh high compression hose; wear them every day, all day, morning to night, year 'round. (I ordered a pair of to the waist juzo's, thanks to emily; we'll see how those go.) They're not too hot in summer if they make you feel better. All that's to say, the amount of "better" they make me feel far outweighs how much hotter they make me feel. I don't feel "safe" without them ... I do other things to stay cool.

merrill

Guest tearose

Well, since I use compression to treat my POTS, I have numerous types of compression to select from on any given day. I have learned what to put on depending upon my "symptoms of the day". :D I tend to use the 40mm full pantyhose on top of a body girdle...yes, daily!

I have come to absolutely love my compression because it makes such a difference in the quantity of my daily activities AND the quality of my daily life.

Make no mistake, it takes me time to get my abdominal garment and then my compression panty hose on, but after a few minutes of catching my breath, I feel very energized! It is as though the squeeze on my legs and abdomen pushes me up and onward!!! I am a different person as I feel more blood circulating and it is invigorating. The "workout" of getting into my gear is far surpassed by how super I feel afterwards. I think I also manage the heat fine because the compression wicks the heat away from me...like those fancy coolmax products or whatever they are called. (Oh, they do make "open toe" compression choices for those of us who want to wear an open toe sandal or shoe. I would not suggest cutting because you may get a run in them. Oh, also, if I get a tiny pull or hole in them, I repair mine with a needle and thread so I get a lot of use out of them.)

Anyway, I think it is worth trying for a full week of daily use to get a sense of the benefits of the pantyhose. The serious 30-40mm pantyhose will cost you about $100... Of all the "treats" one could indulge in, this is one I am glad I tried!

best regards, tearose

Hi. I have to chime in with my love of my compression hose. I wear the thigh high every day and feel like I can stand and move around better with the hose on. I only take them off to bathe and sleep. I, too, have blood pooling once the hose come off, but while they're on, I feel pretty good. I've never worn them over the summer, so we'll see how that goes. Do the white ones go well with shorts? :)

Linda

Thank you everyone for your responses!

Tearose would you happen to have a site with the "footless hose" ?? I would like to get those for summer.

I have the thigh high's and I do notice a difference in how I feel with them on... I want to continue wearing them this summer so I am looking for a "cool" option....:rolleyes: