Vertigo, Yuk...

Hope

I just had to whine to somebody today :( I was sitting up all night literally hugging my waste basket due to a bout of vertigo. :wacko: Soooo, yuk! Not exactly sure what triggered it this time, it's either a virus that my extended family has been passing around or the shedding cottonwood trees. Either way I guess I'm planted until it passes. Not that I go very far anyway, but the thing with vertigo is it could last hours, days, weeks or even months. So here I sit on the couch...indefinitely. I guess I will see if I can at least crochet.

Hope (who is not feeling so hopeful anymore, I might need to change my alias to maybe..."Eeyore")

Sorry to hear your vertigo is acting up Margiebee! I hope you are feeling better soon.

Thanks guys for the pick me up. I am starting to feel a little better already. I can walk around now, and I'm not sick to my stomach anymore. I will definitely NOT attempt to lay down tonight!

I hope everybody has a good night!

Know how you feel. Been suffering from bouts of vestibular vertigo since long before my pots issues. It makes you feel literally seasick; used to come down with it basically every time I got a cold. It seems like once it strikes, it'll just keep coming back. Mine did get less severe over the years though.

Thanks all! I'm pretty sure it was a virus that brought this one on. I'm doing much better today. A little weaker than my normal weakness, but the vertigo is just about gone. I'm still not going to lay down tonight though. One day I think I will buy a recliner instead of trying to prop myself up all the time.

Alicia, I do have Meniere's. I used to take antihistamines when I got a flare, but since my POTS has gotten debilitating I can't seem to tolerate them. I just have to ride it out.