temperature dropping

geneva

For several weeks I have been on the brink of falling into the POTShole. Last week I crashed so I have been doing all the things we do when down there and getting a little better. But, the one thing that is nagging me is that I am freezing 24/7. This is the opposite of my normal state. I have been wearing a fleece jacket indoors as well as heavy socks all week and not running the A/C and I'm still cold. I have the wraps you put in the microwave and use those along with blankets. You would think it was the dead of winter instead of in the 80's!

My normal temp. is usually 97.5 but a few days ago it was 96.9 and today 95.4. I have had an occasional dip in the past for a short period but this has been going on a week now and I am puzzled. I suspect this accounts for why I am so cold??May give the doctor a call tomorrow but curious if anyone here had any ideas.

tired of being cold!

I am sorry that I do not have any ideas as far as fixing the problem, but I can tell you that you are certainly not alone. I have gone from the norm of 98.6 to 97.1 to a constant 96.8 in the last two years. I am always freezing cold when others are warm (unless, heaven forbid, it is hot outtside and then the heat kills me). I am certain that it is autonomic in nature and I don't think there is anything we can do about it. One thing though, right in the middle of being cold, my body will heat up very quickly for no apparent reason and I will have to strip off all of my clothes and put ice on my body. During those times my brain goes wacko too. This whole thing is a mess! Hope you get some answers...

Guest GayleP

I find that when I'm feeling cold my body temp is often very low as well. My normal temp is 96.7-97.3 but when I'm feeling cold my temp has been as low as 95.5. I have never really received an answer from docs as to why my temp gets so low and why I have periods where I can't warm up.

Geneva,

I guess we all know that we just do not thermoregulate like we are supposed to. That's why the hot weather affects us so bad. In addition most of us don't sweat properly. The only things that comes to mind is hypothyroidism. Have you has your thyroid checked lately, besides a TSH, you need a T3 and T4 checked.

Just a thought.

Dawn

i'm like a lizard, when it is cold, i'm frozen, when itis hot, i'm boiling. my normal temp was 98.3, i have dropped as low as 95.6 and been chilled when other as warm, hot when others are cool and everything in between. <_<

go figure, hoping to try mestinon, several report some temp control, at least not so many extremes. worth a try.

black-chilled today-wolf :angry:

hmmm...i've not noticed a gradual decline for myself temperature-wise, but i wouldn't rule it out b/c my temp is always here there & everywhere!! generally "normal" is 97 something but as of late i've been all over the place in every direction. in the past i've tended to be more on the cold side. i'd say it's something to keep an eye on particularly if it's a big change from your norm. let us know how things go...

:-)melissa

After 6 days of icy cold, my body temp has returned to its norm of 97.5 and I have come out of the blankets. ALso nausea is gone so I am wondering if low temp is related to nausea??? My weird body went from icy cold to having the burning sensation in my feet. I hate that feeling too but fortunately it left after just one day. So, I am back to my POTS-normal self.

thanks for all the input.