Brain Aneurysm Or Stroke For A Typical Person, A Normal Bad Day For Me!

I woke up this morning with a severe muscle pull in my upper shoulder,intense migraine, nausea, difficulty breathing, extreme weakness on my left side, occasional irregular heartbeats and severe mental fog (confusion& disorientation).

BP is normal, no new medication, the muscle pull is from opening a stubborn window at home!

I am sad but not even able to cry to release some tension.

It is Sunday, I really don't know what to do, my brain is betraying me, I can't make a decision, I cant' think right because of the excruciating pain, the agonizing loneliness and I feel helpless because nobody understands

what I am going through; My husband told me to stay in bed and relax!, I called my neighbor, she is out of town. I really don't want to call an ambulance to be thought as nuts!

I feel sick by all means yet I don't dare to call my Dr. because it is not the 1st time feeling like that.

Any input would be appreciated

:(

am terribly sorry.

is there anyone you could phone up? for support ?

Please know you are not alone.

(can relate to this, from being housebound and brain fog)

I am so sorry Tachy I wish there was something I could do for you. Just want you to know that I think of you and please don't hesitate to call a doctor when you think you need one. You never know for sure what is going on and it might be something unexpected! Warm wishes

I don't want to scare you, but my dad had an aneurysm in his brain when he was 59. So it is possible, especially with a severe headache. He survived it, and lived 12 additional years. So I would call an ambulance, if I were you, but only you know how you feel...they always test me by MRI, but I know one day it will happen to me, as well. I'm just being realistic. I'm 56, so the clock is ticking. I'll pray that you make the right decision!

I woke up at 3 am, SOB, lower BP, a HR of 100. R sided headache and ear pain that won't stop. I peed went back to bed and assumed I would wake up later. Which I did. The weird thing was that I had double vision for the first hour of the day, eyes swollen and lightheaded. It's just that kind of Sunday in the dysautonomia world. Reading the forum supports me. Medically I always check out healthy so it doesn't seem to make sense in my case to call a doctor. I think food is the culprit for me these days. I just wanted you to know Tachy that you're not alone. Take care, and feel better. ~ Tracy

Tachy,

Just wanted to say, I also know how you feel when you feel so awful you want to go to ER, but yet know they will probably do nothing and family says wait it out. I also debated about going yesterday and today and am trying to tough it out til tomorrow. I will then call the doctor who will probably tell me that she can't find out what is wrong. I went an entire year without making a trip to ER, but the past couple weeks I have been twice, both times the doctors were sympathetic but said it was beyond emergency scope. So for me, I will try not to go unless I am pretty much dying.

If you really feel you need to you should go to ER, but just wanted to let you know you are not alone. Plus if its a new symptoms unlike one you have had before, it certainly would make sense to have it checked out. Just an opinion, since I don't have any medical training..

I hope you are feeling better soon.

IMHO the more you feed into pots the more it feeds into you. I noticed that you have been making a lot of posts lately and not sure whether or not this is a chicken or the egg issue. For me, the more i let it into my life, the more it pushes its way in. At the same time, when it pushes its way in the more i feed into it. However, the old adage better to be safe than sorry is there for a reason. The reality of it is...we can be afraid of anything and anything is possible, but then again is it likely? These are the ideas that keep me out of the E.R. when i don't need to be there...i.e. am not in any immediate harm. Also, to recognize that E.R. admission criteria is (as far as i am aware) composed of abnormal blood test levels, abnormal O2, abnormal BP, and arrythmia--then if i am not experiencing those things, it is a pat on the back and send me along my way.with a bag of fluid and a barbituate if the bag of fluid doesn't do the job. If you think you need to--go in. But make sure it is for the right reasons. I feel for you. Stay strong. No matter what you will overcome this in one way or another.

Glad that you went to the doctor, and came up with some problems to address, Tachy. I may go to a Cardiologist, for a workup, because some times I do get short of breath, but I'm not too concerned; just getting older and want to make sure that I take care of myself in other ways, that can or cannot be related to dysautonomia. I have some teeth issues, because of a vitamin D deficiency, and I also have some corneal problems that will be addressed on Friday.

It is scary having some of the symptoms we have, especially as we get older...so I understand your concern, really :)