Probiotics Or Yogurt With Active Cultures

gertie

Has anyone tried probiotics for colon problems? I've been told that is the best treatment for leaky gut & constipation. I ate a small amount of organic greek yogurt a few times & it seemed to help C. I have been lethargic & shakey the last few days & not sure if it could be a reaction from the probiotics since org milk is not a problem for me. I did read if you have an autoimmune problem or mold allergy not to take them & I have both. With Dys/pots I never know what is going on with my body. Just wondering if anyone had tried them & what your reaction was. Thanks.

I take Align probiotics daily for my GI issues (bowel irregularity and pain), and they work very well for me. I also eat Stoneyfield yogurt every day, I tolerate it better than the Dannon kind that's loaded with icky ingredients. If I am feeling especially bad I switch to Amande almond yogurt, it has the cultures but no ingredients that trigger me at all (no dairy or soy)

Hope, I use 1 qt of organic lactose free 2% milk (you can use 1%) & 1/4 cup organic greek yogurt as a starter. Sometimes I add vanilla. I don't have a yogurt maker so I ferment mine in the oven with light on for 8-12 hrs. For details on how to begin,Google homemade yogurt. It's very easy to make. I have tried making almond milk yogurt but it will not thicken without additives which I do not want to use.

Yes, I eat plain organic Greek yogurt with blueberries and a touch of honey and walnuts for lunch most days. I notice it helps with gastro problems and seems to ward off angular cheilitis, which I suffer from frequently. On days when I don't have yogurt, I often take a probiotic supplement. The first few days I took those, though, I had a lot of tummy rumbling and gas. I looked it up and supposedly it's the bad bacteria in your gut dying off that causes those symptoms the first several days. I don't know how reliable that information was, but I don't have those problems now when I take them.

I use schiff digestive advantage intensive bowel support (bacillus coagulans with lysine) it is a quarter of the price of some of the other popular ones that ive tried and helps amazingly. I believe its lactose free as well. Ive been on them for two months and have seen a huge improvement. Things still arnt "fixed" but much more manageable. I did alot of research before choosing this one. I dont always do well with yogurt and it doesnt help me with the pots ibs