Candida Drug Sensitivity

I have been diagnosed with Candida, but also have drug sensitivity. My doctor has advised me not to take anti fungals because I will react to it. I'm to have low dose immunotherapy to tackle the sensitivities, but in the meantime can't take anything for the candida. Has anyone else been in this situation? I've put myself on a very strict anti-candida diet, and use coconut oil, but still have a bad sore throat. Will the diet alone resolve it enough for it not to become systemic? I don't think I've had it for more than 6 months or so, in the gut, but only this week got oral candida. My immune system is weakened by chronic Lyme, I always took probiotics when on antibiotics, so am baffled as to it has suddenly become a problem. Any advice?

Yep, I had this problem, although mine was a typical female yeast infection so I'm not sure how helpful my advice will be. After 9 months I finally got rid of it with boric acid, but that's poisonous to ingest so wouldn't be helpful for intestinal candida. Are you still on probiotics? Can you tolerate them? That was going to be my next attempted therapy. My doctor found some studies that showed probiotic treatment had ~80% success rate for vaginal candida, maybe it would be as effective for intestinal. I'm not sure what strains were used, but maybe you could research it/talk to your doctor about it?

I don't have Lyme, but I regularly have to battle fungal infections like yeast infections and oral thrush/perleche. The best things I've discovered are probiotic supplements-- the refrigerated kind you get at places like Whole Foods, and plain yogurt. I can keep the perleche under control by dabbing plain yogurt on it a couple times a day. I wouldn't get the flavored yogurts, because fungal infections thrive on sugars. I have also found that vitamin B supplements help.

Well, I'm already on a strict candida diet, eat no sugar at all, nor starchy foods, am GF and DF and yeast-free. But I can't take probiotics, as they give me uncontrollable shaking fits. I tried some natural probiotic goats yoghurt, which was ok for two days, then that too started the shaking. If I can't take probiotics, seems that all I can do is the diet. Can't have fermented veg as I'm histamine intolerant. Ever met a worse case of no-hoper??

BTW, I've lost 20lbs since christmas due to this, and I'm begining too look like a stick. A bent over, aged stick.

:-(

Have you tried oil of oregano? You put 2 drops in water twice a day. I'm just looking into to starting this myself, as I heard it helps fight off all infections especially yeast.