Pots ...having Kids And Working

I was not diagnosed until getting very sick w POTS during pregnancy and post partum. I was disabled for about one year. I can work full time and my life is pretty normal except that I never attempted a 2nd pregnancy. I could not imagine how I could handle a 2nd disabling pregnancy and care for a toddler and work full time since I bring in most of my family income, not working was really never an option for me.

I was diagnosed with POTS while in college. I ended up having to stop school. I got married, moved to a different climate and then had my first son. I had a rough pregnancy, but POTS seemed to go away. I was able to work, have a couple more kids (both rough pregnancies, and lost several pregnancies) until summer of 2011 when I had my gall bladder out and then got a viral stomach bug on our cruise 6 months later which triggered my POTS again. I hope that it will go away again! I miss having a normal life but thankful for the time I had that was "normal"

my pregnancy didn't cause my pots, i had mild indications for at least 8 years prior. i wouldn't trade my son for anything, getting pots if that was the case. i still work, but I have really bad days where i feel like I can't pull thru. my son wants a little sister he told me today, not sure i could handle that with work and all and don't want my illness 2 get worse let alone I am on clozenapam and you CANT get pregnant taking that, like most meds we all are on.

I had very mild POTs symptoms as a kid. Had 2 children with no real POTs flares - POTs seemed to get better while pregnant. Had my worst flares in 2009 and 2012. I completely recovered in 2009. This flare has been formidable. But I have learned a lot. I worked thru all of it except in Jan/Feb of 2012 I was on disability. Like Momto - not working is not an option. I work thru flares and crappy days but I can do it. Truth is most days I feel about 85% better. Some days on the forum I'll read my posts and they say 95%....I'm not a telling forum fibs - lol - it just depends on the day. My life is close to normal with modifications that I have begun to accept.