Mayo Appt Monday!

Hello Everyone, First of all I want to say thank you for all the support and fantastic information that is on this forum. It has been such a great help and encouragement to me. We are leaving Saturday am for Az, and I start Mayo Monday. Can I tell you how much I am looking forward to some warm Az air! Anyway feeling very exhausted trying to pack ect, so thanks again to you all. What I've been able to learn here will be a big help next week I'm sure. Bless you all !!!

Hope you enjoy your visit here to arizona. The area around the scottsdale mayo is gorg! If your staying in scottsdale there is lots of window shopping. Close to mayo off north scottsdale road is Kierland commons, it is a very inviting outdoor shopping center, even has a crate and barrel and restaurants. There are two other shopping areas near there scottsdale quarter which I haven't been too and a larger strip type center at frank loyd wright and scottsdale. There is a trader joes in their. In downtown scottsdale is a very large indoor mall called Scottsdale Fashion square. If it's to warm it is a good place to go. Surrounding the mall an south of it is Old Town Scottsdale. You will find lots of arizona flavor type stores including western and indian jewelry. On main is where many of the art galleries are.

If you venture a bit out of scottsdale consider the Desert Botanical gardens. They actually have a butterfly house and another art installation right now. It is really pretty, you can look it up on line. Not to far from there around 40th/campbell is my favorite place to eat with my girlfriends. Postinos they have the best bruschetta, a raspberry chicken salad an foccia sandwiches.

Oh it is still spring training. The salt river fields is fairly close to mayo.

Hope your trip goes well.

Arizona girl, thanks for all the info. Don't know how much extra time we'll have or how I will be feeling, but would love to do at least one fun thing while there. Unfortunately not starting out to good. Trying to get ready is really taking its toll, i can hardlybmove today. We are driving and pulling our 5th wheel trailer, which is still winterized. So lots of prep work. And now a new winter storm is coming. UGH!!

Good luck! I was just out at Mayo yesterday and then again at the hospital today. Sometimes it feels like I live there with other family members doing stuff there too. I hope everything goes well for you. The weather is just awesome right now. Can't wait to hear about your visit!