Bile Malabsorption

k&ajsmom

Hi...anyone familiar with this? Thinking this maybe whats wrong with my tummy and etc.. not to give tmi =( but i have alot of bile d's (im blushing) by alot i mean all day everyday for 10 months and actually was my first symptom when this flared up again last year. I was wondering if this could flare pots/ncs symptoms in a predisposed person to autonaumic dysf? Can this be related to autoimmune issues? Ok im done embarrassing myself...=p thx ps ive eliminated gluten, dairy, sugar, corn, dyes all with no effect what so ever even water and fasting triggers this..thx again

I have heard of it and was a bit worried that I might get it after GB removal as some people do however I haven't experienced it. Would it be worth seeing a Gastro about it?

I think you can sometimes be prescribed bile salts if your body isnt producing enough bile to break down the food. If you havnt done it might be worth doing some food intolerance tests?

ps ive eliminated gluten, dairy, sugar, corn, dyes all with no effect what so ever

We can have different reactions to foods or chemicals so these may not be the foods or chemicals that are triggering this. Unless you're super sensitive to one of these and need to avoid it totally. I do this if I get cross contaminated from gluten. I was doing this non stop before getting off gluten.

Going on a diet of organic meats, fruits and veggies may stop this. Then you can just add foods back in that are suspects.

I'd try some strong probiotics and S boulardii first tho. tc ... D

PS. If this fails or you don't want to wait to see if it works, you can do a CDSA and see what's happening in your gut.

I developed bile diarrhea after my gallbladder was removed. In fact, I was out shopping about 2 weeks after the surgery when I literally had to RUN and find a bathroom. It took me many months for me to realize that sugary drinks brought it on right away. Sugary drinks did not do this to me before the surgery. As long as I don't consume any sugary drinks, I don't have diarrhea.