Buproprion Xl I.e. Wellbutrin

Angela

not any more dizzy than normal. that whole jittery but frozen left within a day tho it does show up in tiny bouts, hard to describe. i'm not on the dose they reccomend to quit smoking. not sure cuz I've shown siezure activity on eeg's so taking it slow for sure. feel better than usual but i am a girl so this is the time of month i usually feel better, sorry for too much information, guys.

thanks issie! hope it gets me to my goal

Thanks Issie for the natural suggestions for libido. I've had other issues lately, as well, so I'm not paying much attention to the Wellbutrin side effects, but I'm finding as Angela said that I'm able to do more, because I have more energy!! Just found out I have osteopenia, which I expected, corneal ulcers on my right eye, fibrocystic disease, which I laughed at, because that is also familial, and now I have to go back for another mammogram, because of it, and an ultrasound, tomorrow, go back to the eye doctor on Wednesday, and on Thursday I have a Neurology appointment 2 hours away. I'm beginning to feel like a comedy of errors... ;):wacko::rolleyes: I better have energy for all of that!!

Thanks Issie...still have more energy, which is good. Breast exam was fine, but I need cortisone for my eye...whatever. The minute I put in the drops, they come right back out. I'm so teary, but I have dry eye, which is what caused this in the first place. :huh: Angela, I think the Wellbutrin is helping me all around, but not for the reason I started taking it...lol

• 3 weeks later...

Angela, it is helping my libido, but it's still not like it used to be, but better. It is definitely helping me in the energy department, and really making a difference in my quality of life. It's been about 6 weeks now, so I'm thinking this is the full effect. I never increased my dose to 300mg, as I thought it would be too much for me. I will talk with my doctor about it when I go back in May, and let you know. :)

I agree 100% with Issie! I know it can be frustrating when a medication you want to work so bad ends up not helping at all, I remember being devastated when different meds I have tried did nothing for me or made my symptoms worse, especially since many of them were ones that most people loved and saw huge improvements with. So hang in there! :)

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry Angela that it isn't working. :( Hang in there. Maybe you'll find something else that will help you. Sometimes you have to try different meds or supplements to help you. It's trial and error and some of us are more sensitive to medication. Right now my husband and I have been gluten free for a month. Although I'm not as strict on it as he is. He has Psoriasis. It seems to be helping him. Have you tried anything else for smoking? There are some new things out there for that...I'll be praying for you.

I was on Wellbutrin for 3 years for Bipolar, but I ended up collapsing for 4 weeks with "adrenal fatigue" due to how it over worked my adrenal glands (already overactive due to low BP/POTS). It did give me extra energy while I was working over-time. It took away chronic back and joint pain so that I was able to return to skating and other activities I had given up. It made me manic pretty much all the time.

I would be careful with this type of drug over the long term due to liver and kidney damage.

I was talking about wellbuition bothering me. Then I mentioned ssri's and what they did to me. I went looking for the post and link and it wasn't saved in my bookmarks : ( Sorry ) : I do think it's interesting how certin meds Agitate our nervous system. I refuse to keep taking meds that an already confused Autonomic system can't tolerate. I'm thankful that I finally have a team of doctors that see this now.

I came to this same conclusion re: ssri's.