Midodrine Question

Racer

I started taking midodrine, and so far I am feeling GREAT! About a hour after I take it, I am doing cartwheels I am feeling so good! The problem is that I go from feeling great, then at hour two I start to feel the bp going down again. When I hit around the five hour mark I totally crash, to the point I am so fatigued I have trouble holding my eyes open. The only side effects I experience are tingling scalp and some urinary urgency.

I am going to talk to my doctor about it all, just wondering if I am having a normal experience with this stuff

Same experience here. I only took it for a week whil in the hospital. Made my scalp "crawl" and almost exactly 2 hours after i took it id be so tired id just doze off no matter what i was doing. Didnt have the urinary urgency though. I can honestly say it didnt raise my bp at all, which is wierd but nothing does so either so they had me discontinue it.

Id say ur experience seems positive and def talk to ur doctor but maybe after some time that fatigue will fade away? Good luck and im glad its helping a little. =)

Racer also what is your dosage? It is 2.5, 5 or 10mg 3 times a day?

I have started on it in the last week (5mg) and I think it will be helpful for me. I do feel better on it but as you say it is short lasting. I have only been taking it on bad days so far.

I get the scalp tingling but that is a common side effect and I dont mind it as I know that it is working !