Florastor?

Hey,

Was wondering if anyone has had any luck with florastor probiotics. They are a yeast based probiotic which iim not familiar with. I noticed alot of other probiotics have lactose and milk in them and im allergic to milk protiens so was thinking this may be a good alternative. Anyone tried it for their "ibs d" and had any luck? Or mind sharing ur results? Or have any probiotics u recommend? I hate takiing immodium and still not being able to tolerate a simple piece of toast...ugh, Thanks =)

Florastor contains lactose to feed the yeast.

If you seek out Jarrow Formula's version (Saccharomyces boulardii) it does not have the lactose.

I have seen a lot of studies that show good results, better than a number of other probiotics - I don't have constant IBS-D, so I can't say that it has been beneficial in my case specifically. It does tend to slow transit time, though.

Can't wait for REAL probiotics that contains 100s if not 1000s of strains of bacteria. They should be able to actually repopulate the gut correctly and result in amelioration of IBS all together. I'm guessing when I say they are probably 5-10 years out. In the meantime, it looks like Florastor and Align have some of the most clinical data and testimonials out there.

I have always been sensitive to all probiotics. The one type I seem to be able to tolerate, in small doses, is

Pro-Biotics. I think I got it at GNC or some place like that. It is not the multi strain, refrigerated type but again for me I think less is more. Sometimes I empty out half the capsule and take a smaller amount and I don't take it every day.

Hope you find one that helps!

My son used to take a probiotic from GNC but it just did not seem to help him. I have started using the GNC Super Magnesium with him. It is helping. I took him in for blood work to get these levels checked. Might want to get magnesium levels checked.

Thx guys, my magnesium levels in december were fine. I connot tolerate magnesium supplements,they make bathroom trips more freq. Lol

Ive heard of align...ill have to compare the two..thx zap. And thx for the info.

Ive been checked for celiac several times now. Even gluten free bread is rough..any food is hard for me to tolerate really. I know i have some allergies to food but trying to eliminate all of them is hard. My tummy needs help lol