How To Get Ins To Pay For Dr.

Darlene

I asked this same question (different insurance) and spent many hours on this... The consensuses seems to be that if you cant pay out of pocket, to look for a study. The response from my insurance company seems to be something along the lines of '...we wish death upon you so we can save money...'.

Maybe medicaid is different though. I assume you already contacted the Cleveland clinic and your insurance company?

I think with most insurances (especially government run plans) you can apply for a variance. I think you usually need one of your current doctors to write a request to your insurance stating that your condition (or potential condition) isn't something that can easily be treated (or diagnosed) just anywhere and they they think you need to be seen at a particular clinic or by a certain doctor with expertise in this field. I don't know how easy or hard the requests are to get approved but might be something to at least try.