Spider Veins, Varicose Veins..oh My!

Ash

Oh so this may sound semi vain....but I am going to the beach soon and since all my shorts are the comfy exercise ones I decided to go and get a few nicer going out pairs to take instead of only wearing " my lay on the couch" ones I have now. And while trying them on I noticed that the back of each knee and down my calf is covered in spider veins with one knee having what appears to be a varicose vein....I had noticed last year a small spider vein developing but never thought much of it as it was small and I figured that it was from maybe sitting down more while I was in college studying....so I tell/show my husband when I get home who says "yes I know you have old lady legs" thanks for telling me dear..because apparently I don't pay attention to the backs of my legs at all...okay enough ranting, but I am only 24 and feel like an 80 yr old women so to have the back of my legs look like someone drew on them with a marker is kinda depressing...I guess the question is do you think they are from blood pooling from POTS or possibly the cause of POTS because the valve is leaky and not returning blood flow correctly? And is this a "normal" thing for us with POTS or even without POTs to get in your 20's? My mom is 47 and doesn't have one spider vein so apparently I didn't get blessed with her genetics on this... Also would compression stockings help? I have wanted to try them to see if they would help with POTS in general but have no clue on what compression/type/etc to get....as always thanks for listening and sorry if I sound vain I in all honesty would not really care it was just a shock and made me feel like one more thing/ part of my was being yanked away by being sick....

I think spider veins etc. are mostly hereditary. My mom has horrible veins and out of the 6 girls in my family only three of us got them. I am the only one with pots and have severe blood pooling and don't have any visible veins at all. As far as stockings, I wear 40 hz for a minimal 8 hrs a day for blood pooling. And my sisters with the vein probs where only 20-30 hz. Stockings. My insurance covers mine because they were a prescription, but you can buy them off eBay as well. Jobst brand is the best I have found, but Yeesh they are UGLY!!! :(

Def. Not attractive. This is speaking with experience. I have suffered with superficial varicose veins and one deep vein that had to be removed this was in my 20's. How sexy to we feel with knarled up legs and compression garments.....lol

So...I actually got tattoos on my scar from the surgery.

And as for beaches, honey I was in a tankini for the first time since being dx, let me tell you, I didn't give a rats patooty who was looking. The fact that you are even vacationing. Enjoy it!

Don't think I didn't have my moments, I was sitting in my closet crying because none of my dresses fit because of the florinef...and we had a formal night to go to.....lol