Pots And Cortisone Injections -- Is It Okay?

This is a quick question. I have a torn rotator cuff, in alot of pain, scheduled to have a cortisone injection but was reading about side effects -- I have this labile blood pressure lately whether it's related to dysautomia or not which can get really high (separate post). Read that these injections can sometimes cause high blood pressure as well as glaucoma (need surgery for that). Don't know of course how it mixes with POTS itself. Any experiences?

I've fallen so much(passing out) that I have injured my shoulder also. I held off getting injectins for a while because of possible side affects, but I just could not stand the pain anymore. Ive had three injections so far. They did not seem to bother my POTS, but you have to remember, everyone is different. I don't think I will have anymore though.

I have calcific tendinitis in both shoulders, and cortisone injections have been recommended at times. I asked around the ME/CFS community and decided against it. Are you on sufficient pain meds, and how are you getting on with them?

I am interested in this topic also. I posted similar question last week. I have been told I need injections for my neck and am afraid of reactions. I am waiting on an appt. at Cleveland Clinic, maybe they will give me their opinion. I will let you know, but not until mid April

I'm not on any pain meds. They never gave me any, but then, I take quite a bit of sleeping aids to sleep, trouble sleeping. I'm scheduled to get the cortisone shot tomorrow. Ifey about it, but the pain, especially trying to sleep is really hard.

It seems that so far you feel like I do -- that it's something to probably avoid if possible. I'll let you know how it goes.

I haven't seen any issues with cortisone and POTS but it can be contraindicated for those with EDS. I mention this only because there seem to be a fair few of us on this forum that also have EDS but I can never remember who all it is. If you want more info on cortisone injections and eds, you can find it at ednf.org.

Hi,

I postponed my injection, doc is now away for two weeks, scheduled then. Asked for pain meds, will pick it up in next couple of days. The pain sure interferes with my sleep! I don't know if I can tolerate pain meds, I will see. But I think I will get the shot when he's back.