Unexplained Bruising And Fatigue

Angela

this question is based on my little sister. she texted me pictures of crazy bruises, some raised, some flat but huge all and all. I actually couldnt believe it. she counted over 27 bruises on her body one day and they just come, no explanations, i think mostly on her legs and arms, a few on torso. she got tested for cancer and that was negative. also, she is extremely fatigued. She got her "tubes tied" last year.

I think it is something blood related?

My older sister has ms. we all came down with issues around age 30. I suspect we had them prior but can't be for certain with my sis's. We all have the same mother, my oldest sis has a different father.

we grew up in the midwest, with plenty of ticks and mosquitos. is it possibly related to parasites and our genetics? I am trying to figure out how to point lil sis in the right direction since she doesn't research so much for herself being a single mom with 3 kids. plus, she is on medicare and indiana dr.'s that know their stuff... rare.

A buddy had similar unexplained bruising, went to see a doctor and found out he had a really serious life threatening blood disorder! He survived it after bone marrow transplants and a year of treatment. Unexplained bruising was his only symptom! Standard blood tests didnt show much of anything, but a bone marrow biopsy showed the problem. Just saying, many blood disorders need urgent attention.

I know that my grandma had idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura (ITP) and her first symptom was bleeding gums that wouldn't stop and then tons of bruising by the time she got to the ER. Basically, they determined that her body had started destroying its own platelets and her count was insanely low. I would think with something like that they would notice the abnormal platelet count after blood tests though. I think she had a bone marrow biopsy as well though...