Low Pressure Systems

I have had trouble with altitude above 7000 feet, but then again this is the range that most people start to notice the elevation change. I have experienced altitude sickness before at 9000-11,000 feet and had to retreat to a lower elevation. Over the summer, camping at Yellowstone, I couldnt handle camping at 7700 feet as I had trouble simply walking around, so I had to move camp to the Mammoth area.

• 2 weeks later...

my (nonPOTS) GI agrees with the general dysautonomia theory that stable barometric pressure systems are better for us. (and he residenced outside of san diego.)

my migraine neuro (and herself a migraineur) completely agrees the barometric pressure systems are a huge factor in migraine; she explained specifically the shift is much worse when the change is from high to low. (gosh, i hope that i got that right.) she said she could see how a stable barometric environment would be better for someone with dysautonomia.

personally, i have felt better in climates with more stable barometric systems. and i think it was that factor in particular that was the major variable.

• 4 weeks later...

Barometric pressure doesn't seem to affect me too much, but I also love storms, so that probably helps a bit. I've also never had a headache in my life, which I definitely think has something to do with it. My gf gets migraines and barometric pressure is definitely a trigger for her.

Humidity absolutely kills me though. Too much and I can't breathe and get dizzy very easily. Too little and I get the chills. ~35-48% humidity seems to be the sweet spot for me.

• 1 year later...