Any Issues With Absorbing Iron??

I know I take 2 iron pills/day and I'm still anemic. I take the first one on an empty stomach and avoid eating for about 20 minutes so no other food will lower it's absorption. Not sure if this is a good thing; I must have read it somewhere. I continue to be just under normal levels and I feel it. I eat tons of high iron food to try and make up for what my body won't absorb thru the supplements

Which test have you had to check for iron? There is a basic fasting blood test and an expensive test that checks iron from the bone marrow. This last test is painful and expensive. It checks for your total iron count so the hemotologist can tell exactly whats going with iron in your body. Have you told your doctor about the strong metal taste in your mouth? Usually this is a sign that your body is getting too much iron. My son has finally got his iron level up with the Slow Fe Iron supplement. This formula is for people who don't tolerate iron very well. This can be purchased over the counter at Walmart or any drug store. His stomach was very sensitive to iron. It took almost a year to get it in the normal range. He has not stopped taking the iron supplement because doctors are suspecting metabolizing issues. His iron levels are checked every 4 months. Be sure to take iron with vitamin C and don't take it with calcium or dairy products. If you do, it won't asorb into your body.

I have a problem and have taken sloflow iron. My iron stores have been 4. I 'm getting weekly iron infusions now. My cardio says that our iron stores should be @ least 200 to make our hearts work more efficiently. Right now I'm @ 14, within normal limits . I keep falling in and put of anemia.

I can't wait to see how different may feel. Iron by mouth makes me itch and get a rash.