Feeling Off After Hospital Stay

Jacquie802

Hi guys, just wondering for those of you who have been in the hospital with POTS how long it took you to feel sturdy after being in bed for a few days. I feel weak, tachy, and lightheaded :0(

I've only had the one experience so far, but it took me a solid month, plus to really begin feeling like myself again. I think the shock of the whole experience plus being bedridden, an adjustment in medication, etc. really threw me for a loop. I hope you recover quickly and begin feeling more like yourself soon. Hang in there and take it easy! xx

I've heard for a normal person without POTS it's 2-3 days for every bedridden day. I think you really just have to listen to your body and if you are trying to exercise, do it sitting down.

Its been 2 months since the hospital stay of 2 weeks and still havent recovered....They wouldnt let me walk for the whole stay and really messed me up, cant seem to bounce back. Of course everyone is different so just pace yourself and do what you can. I found I do better when I take the pressure off myself to "hurry up" and get well. =)

I was only in for 2.5 days but I feel awful and lightheaded a lot since I have gotten out..