Saliva Cortisal Test Results

hippychic258

So I got the results of my saliva cortisol tests back and I know that cortisol is suppose to be the highest in the morning and fall throughout the day and if it is spiking at the wrong times its a problem, and of course mine is the opposite of what it should be. Has anyone had this test or have any info as to what my results mean?

morning 3.5 low range 3.7-9.5

noon 1.3 range 1.2-3.0

evening 2.9 high range .6-1.9

night .06 range .4-1.0

I just received my kit, because I really wanted to test my nighttime cortisol. I bought the 4x kit for the whole day, but I'm going to only do 1 morning and the other 3 all different late night. I want to make sure my cortisol isn't high at night. The night time one is the only one recognized by conventional medicine from all the Cushing's forums I've read in the last few years.

I've done this test probably 5 times in the last 10 years, and mostly I show normal except my 11 a.m. was low last time. My last bloodwork, however, showed high-normal cortisol in the a.m., so I want to see if it is highish at night, too. I seem to really get my energy later in the day.

Thats a great idea taking them at night like that. I may do it again and try that. Let me know how it goes!

No I don't have trouble sleeping , but i use to. You can get your kit a ZRT online thats how I did mine, but your Dr. may order it for you.