Nauseous At 2:30Am

Libby

I feel like crap. I just want to sleep, but my stomach isn't emptying what I ate at 5pm. I haven't felt it move, at all, in the last 9 hours. No mechanical digestion, no grumbling. Just sitting there. I really, really hate this.

I see my pots neuro in a little over a week; should I ask for a gastric motility test, will that tell me anything useful? Is there anything that can be done? God I hope so, because I can't handle much more of this. Once a month is one thing, but a couple times a week? It's killing me.

This is my absolute worst problem. I can sympathize with you so much. I want to sleep so badly but how can you sleep feeling like you will be sick at any moment. I also get it probably four- five nights a week. This is pathetic, but some nights i just sit in my dining and cry because it feels like torture. I had the motility test and it came back negative, I still think there is some issue with that though. It would probably be a good idea to get it checked. I hope you feel better soon.

I don't think all GES tests(gastric emptyng tests) are always accurate. I think some peoples stomachs empty at different rates day to day. I do have gastroparesis and that nausea feeling is all too common with me too. Often wake up to nausea. I take liquid phengran all the time now...3-4 tsps. 3 -4 times day.

Liquid diet is good on the days when the nausea is real bad. Atleast for me.

puppylove - oh, hon, it's not pathetic. It's just ****** that it's come down to that. And frustrating. I've cried over eating more times than I care to count. What's worse is that, for me, I may or may not get a little nauseous right after eating, but the worst symptoms don't show up until several hours after I've eaten. And I can't predict what foods will make me sick, so it feels like I'm rolling the dice every time I eat.

Sheila - thanks for the info! For me, the nausea usually starts 5-ish hours after the meal. Then suddenly, after a couple hours of wanting to die, I'll feel my stomach finally start to churn (emptying itself, I think) and within a few minutes the nausea is gone. Liquids are the only thing I can tolerate during the nausea - and even then, it's only ginger beer and maybe water - but I'll have to keep trying a liquid diet in mind. When you say liquid diet, do you mean a meal replacement shake or something like that?