Does Anyone With Diagnosed Hyper Take Wellbutrin?

kayjay

I did a search of old posts and would like to know if anyone with hyper pots takes Wellbutrin? I am currently on cymbalta and have hyper pots ( diagnosed @ Mayo Rochester). I was wondering if I can switch to reduce side effects. Any information I can find is pretty contradictory.

I wanted to try the same. I am not hyper as far as I know, but my dr. didn't want to switch me to it because she said that one of my major symptoms prior to meds was that jitteriness, so she didn't want to put me on something "energizing".

But,take that with a grain of salt, she knows nothing about POTS, and still suspects it all may still have been anxiety....

What side effects are you having with cymbalta? What is the difference between the them?

I have "neuropathic POTS with a hyper component" according to my POTS neuro. I've been on Wellbutrin for 8 years. Weaned off it this spring and summer and did MUCH worse off it. Tried cymbalta and couldn't tolerate that at all so am back on the Wellbutrin again and very happy to be back on it. I have noticed a little bit more jitteriness since being back on it, but there are so many other benefits, I can live with that.

I'm wondering if the cymbalta is helping with your body aches/joint pain etc that you have with the FMS/CFS? Don't think Wellbutrin will do anything like that for you. That was one nice thing I noticed with the cymbalta but the other side effects were so debilitating, I couldn't function at all.

I tend more toward low BPs. Sometimes I'll have borderline high but not crazy highs like some people on here have experienced.

Hi there! I have hyper pots and have been taking Welbutrin for almost two years now. Before that I was taking Cymbalta. I, too, have fibromyalgia. The Cymbalta was clinically helping my pots AND fibromyalgia in tandem, but I was miserably gaining weight. I didn't feel "well enough" on Cymbalta for me to stay on it with the weight gain, and at the suggestion of Grubb, I switched to Welbutrin. I experienced signigificant improvement with my hyper pots, but it took some tweaking of the dose to get me there. Also, Welbutrin doesn't do a thing for fibro, so I began taking Savella. For the first time in several years, I was feeling better overall and so for the last two years I've been on both of those meds, although we tweak the dose now and then. The thing with Welbutrin for pots, is that there is this narrow window wherein not enough Welbutrin leaves you ill and too much Welbutrin makes you ill. It's about finding the balance that is just right which takes time and tweaking, but it is well worth it.

You have been very helpful! Thank you. I am not planning a trip back to mayo and trying to get my local doctor to change my cymbalta to wellbutrin. Cymbalta does help me with my fibro pain but at the moment I think I could deal with a little more pain if I wasn't exhausted.

Adjusting... do you recall how you made the switch? I have been reducing my cymbalta but am not sure if you can go right from one to the other.