Beta Blockers

L4UR3N

Propranolol 15mg twice daily. I was previously on atenolol (a selective BB) 25mg daily in the morning, which worked great but caused some massive fatigue. Propranolol has been pretty good; I went up to 30mg twice daily but had shortness of breath and bradycardia, so now I'm on 15mg.

nadolol 40-80 mg daily, controlled my heart rate great, but caused intractable bronchospasm

bystolic 10 mg daily, didn't touch the tachycardia, caused hypotension, made me wheeze

atenolol, 12.5 mg daily, works so-so, only makes me wheeze a little, splittling tiny pills is near impossible and ends up with just a pile of powder...but I found a compounding pharmacy that will make me capsules (or an oral suspension) of my exact dose.

Tried metoprolol - dropped my bp too much, was dizzy and drowsy around the clock; same reaction from bisoprolol.

Now I'm on propranolol 10 mg 2x day. No more dizziness, but I feel I'm having other side effects that I should bring to my dr's attention.

At times I feel like the beta-blockers are responsible for the onset of my POTS.

Alex