Why Can't I Lay On Either Side? My Symptoms Get Worse....

Since my flare up began in Feb. I have only been able to lay on my back I can't lay on either side, I keep trying but after not even a minute I get horrible dizziness and weird sensations in my legs and the longer I try to stay that way the sicker I get. Has anyone ever experienced this and what is it? Yes for 6 months I have been on my back it is horrible!!! Please I need some kind of relief soon!

I have this same feeling. It's almost like one side of me (from my head down) goes numb. So then I move and the other side starts doing it, right when I am about to fall asleep. I use to love to sleep on my tummy but I can't do that anymore either. It hurts my neck and feels like I can't breath. I am curious why this happens as well. I sometimes think it has something to do with my neck, but the doctors I have asked all say my neck looks fine. To me it feels like something is out of place or a pinched nerve almost. Well I hope you can find a way to help it!

I have the same reaction and have been that way for a couple years now. I can only sleep on my back, which is incredibly annoying if I'm having trouble falling asleep because I can't really shift positions.

Having to lay on my side to get an echo a few months ago was no fun.

None of my doctors have been smart enough to tell me the reason, but I agree blood pooling makes the most sense.

SomethingClever: Are you able to get around walking etc.? What are all your symptoms?

My biggest symptom is complete lack of stamina. I'm intolerant to anything after not too long.

I'm able to get around walking for short periods. But if my grocery store trip takes longer than 5 minutes, I'm in trouble. I can sit up for longer, but need periodic breaks to lay down as well.

I've only fainted once in three years. Most of the time if I push myself too far I just feel like garbage.