Zofran Works Wonders For Nausea And Motion Sickness!!

My husband and I took a trip to Perdido Key for our 30th wedding anniversary, and I have to say that Zofran works wonders for nausea in a car and a boat. My GYN gave me a the prescription. When she finally found out what was wrong with me, after years of symptoms, she asked me if there was anything she could do for me?! (I've never had a doctor ask me that before). She's a jewel. I said I needed a medication for motion sickness that didn't make me sleepy. They usually use it for cancer patients, but I was willing to try anything. It stops serotonin release. I even went on a boat twice; we went on a sunset sail, and I went para sailing for the first time in my life!! B) I'm still recovering, but I didn't throw up; it was worth every moment!! Joy, Kim

So glad it worked for you and you got to enjoy yourself! :) I have tried it too, and unfortunately it didn't help me at all.

I can't stop living...I'm a fighter...Shan it did cause constipation, but I only took it 4 times. For the trip in the car, coming and going and on the two boat rides, but now I'm back to "Normal". Whatever that is...lol :) I will save the other doses for another long car ride. I hate all the other medications for dizziness. I've tried them all, and they all make me sleepy, so I won't use them, because I can't stand to be sluggish. Phenergan, meclizine, etc. My vitamin D is increasing with supplements, and so is my energy level, so that's why we decided to take the trip. I was feeling better, but I have to say, I've been very tired all week, because of it, but it was worth every moment :rolleyes: I love the beach and the Gulf waters. I swam and snorkeled some; couldn't go deep though, because of my ears. It was very peaceful.

With my family, I got back yesterday from a 6 hour car ride. I had zofran in me and a little patch behind my ear. (it submits medicine in to the blood stream so you can sleep in the car) Worked like a charm! Happy 70th annoversery and congrats on going parasailing! Jeez. That sounds exausting. Have a good day!

Kayla