Sinus Pressure (No Mucus)

Natops

Have you had allery testing? My only symptom I had was severe sinus swellin in my ears and sinuses. I have no drainage, itching, watery eyes, sneezing ect. I testing at an 11 for grass and hay, which is the highest you can get. I had no clue until I got the testing done and mine is year roubd.

Yeah, I get a lot of sinus pressure, it mostly hurts at the top of my head and around the back. My ears will randomly fill up with fluid but my frontal sinuses always remain clear. I do also take midodrine but I started the med after I started having sinus trouble so it's not related. I've had a long run of antibiotics and steroid drops for my ears as well as some stemetil for the dizziness my blocked ears cause but it just keeps coming back. Antihistamines help a little bit but I still suffer. I don't have any mucus but I'm starting to think it's all running down the back of my throat.. I cough a lot, especially in the morning and after a shower. Yuck!

I don't have that with Midodrine, but when I trialled Florinef for a month, I absolutely had it. I thought I had a sinus infection, but there was no mucus, it was all from swelling. It went away as soon as I stopped the Florinef. Perhaps Midodrine is causing yours - meds can sure do some strange things to us!

Back in 2006 I got my first POTS attacks, then it started to go away and I started a new job in 2007, which had a musty, dusty building (big company too lol) after that my sinus swelled up. After 1 year it was so bad I could no long breath from my noise at all and lost all taste and smell. Finally in 2009 I dont nose polyp surgery (the surgery was awful!), I could breath, taste and smell about 6 months later. But a year later POTS came back and still hasnt left :( probably because of the surgery now that I look back...