Does Xanax Lower Heart Rate?

Clonazepam (Klonopin) helps with dizziness, and helps me sleep and decreases heart rate at night. I take this to decrease brain activity at night and help me sleep, since I also have sleep apnea with Cpap. This was before I was put on a beta blocker. I have never taken Xanax.

I take Xanax, not sure we actually have Klonopin here in Australia -- i know we didn't years ago. I actually was put on Xanax by a psychiatrist before I was diagnosed with POTS. I was being treated for Panic Disorder which did not respond to any other medication other than Xanax. Of course, Panic Disoder was a misdiagnosis. Yes. at times it has helped me with tachycardia. It was good to take when I had no idea I had pots. But if I could revisit that time I'd chose not to take it because it's so very highly addictive as it's very short acting. I think, not having access to Klonopin , I would have done better to take valium. Now I'm slowly getting off Xanax but it's hard and slow to get the dosage down. I'm getting there but it's going to take a few years, in all, because my body is now so used to it. This is a problem I don't need.