Anyone Else Take Prescription Vitamin D

I got a script for mega dose Vit. D this week. I haven't started do to all the scary side effects listed ( I know that sounds silly,

but you should see my mega allergy list ) Every side effect listed I already have before taking. This is from a new doctor, so I

don't want to sound like a crazy lady calling next week. Also, I guess I can't take any other vits while taking this???? Dazed and

confused right now.

BellaMia ~

By all means do what your doctor says - but honestly I took the 50,000 unit capsules three times a week for a few weeks with no issue at all. Then went down to 5,000 per day of OTC type - that only got my number to 29 so now I take 10,000 a day...I take it with all my morning meds and vitamins and supplements -- did someone tell you to only take Vit D alone? Why did they say to do this? Curious...

I have a lot of trouble with vitamin D...but nothing too horrible. It just makes me feel generally unwell. I am taking it now but in very small doses which are probably ineffective LOL. I am also taking cod liver oil which is FULL of vitamin D , and I have had no issues at all with it. If you are truly scared of taking the vitamin D, maybe try some cod liver oil (Id try the caps rather than the oil cause it tastes nasty).

What are the listed side effects that scare you?

I just did the 50,000 IU once a week for three months, along with my usual daily plus 10,000 IU of D3 daily. I didn't have any weird side effects and I am uber sensitive to medications.

Unfortunately mega dosing doesn't really get my levels up and it drops back into single digits fairly quick.

My vitamin D level was 10 so my doctor prescribed 50,000 units once a week for 8 weeks. I am now on my ninth week and will switch to 2,000 units daily this week. Honestly, the 2,000 daily vitamin makes me somewhat nauseas, whereas the 50,000 unit pill did not bother me. Go figure!

Although I still have NCS, my tachycardia is gone!

I was doing 50,000 units of prescription D for years. Recently, my doctor has decided that she prefers D3 so she is purchasing it and selling it in her office. I can't say I have noticed a difference...but I have had a lot of things changing lately due to a Mayo visit so I don't know if I would know that is what is was if I felt it. It will be interesting next time they do labs to see if it holds by levels as well as the regular D.