Apple Cider Vinegar

puppylove

I took some the other night and it really seemed to help my GERD. I might start taking it everynight. Does anyone else take it? There are no side effects right?

Very good for that. Lots of enzymes in it. It has so many good properties - especially if you use the kind with the mother in it (particulate). It will also kill strep in 24 hours. It's one of my go to things when I start to feel like I'm getting sick - that and olive leaf caps.

My sister is using it for her reflux right now too and finding that it helps better then any of the pills she's tried. She also has found aloe juice to be helpful. another good help is a good probiotic.

Issie

I took it for a while and it seemed to help..over time less so. One thing I read was to drink it through a straw so the vinegar didn't hard the enamel on your teeth. I didn't bother with that though. And if you want to get the type Issie is referring to, with the mother in it, Braggs is carried at most health food stores.

If you google apple cider vinegar, there are many people who swear by its benefits- for GI, headaches etc. Again, it was good for me for a period of time with no bad effects.

I crave it when I'm nauseated or having bad GERD so I often will add it to my recipes when I can. For example, when I make home fires, I sprinkle some on them while they are frying up, or, I will add it to tomato based sauces sometimes or to my 1/2 veggie/ 1/2 meat sloppy joes. I find it a little too strong to take a spoonful but it really helps me when I add it to food. Other than the already mentioned concern about your tooth enamel, I haven't heard of any side effects. Using the kind with the mother in it is much more beneficial for me.

I personally use it in salads b/c I don't really like to drink it straight. I usually put it on thiny sliced cucumbers, sliced grape tomatos and just a little bit of sweet onion sliced too--I add a little honey to the cider, with some water, salt and pepper. Yum

As for probiotics, I learned the hard way that the comercial brands have an ingredient I can't tolerate: inulin...it's a laxative. I found an organic brand w/o inulin--it's called Primal Defense, and has really been helpful in keeping my guts in order. I did pretty poorly on philips colon health...and there was a store brand I used too... both caused me gi distress.

• 6 months later...