30 Hrs This Week On My Feet. Don't Give Up!!!

I just finished my first week of server training at a fancy waterfront restaurant. I didn't know if I was going to make it, but I did and each day on my feet things got easier. I try to share my stories because I want to share hope. I still have pots. But I have found a way to work it into my life. Sometimes I feel like pots is like a downhill stream. If you try to fight the current, you're done for. But if you relax and swim with the current your chances of getting to the other bank are greatly improved.

Thank you for sharing hope, I definitely need it and appreciate it and I'm sure others do as well. I'm happy for you for the job and that you're feeling ok doing it and everything. I love your analogy there at the end about "If you try to fight the current, you're done for. But if you relax and swim with the current your chances of getting to the other bank are greatly improved."

Thanks

My doc was a little surprised that I can tolerate being on my feet at work for so long. I do work part time, when I work, so its not long hours but I seem to fine with it most of the time. I think sitting is harder on me than standing is.

I'm glad it's working for you.

That is great! Nice analogy. Maybe you should change your screen name into SalmonintoSalmondip? Heehee!

No, really, though, you may have found the perfect profession for someone with POTS, since a lot of us tend to do better when constantly moving, instead of standing still. (those who can stand up) Waitressing, at least at a busy place, involves a lot of fast walking and not too much standing still in-between. I'll bet it will just get better the longer you do it, as your body will get more used to it. Yay!