Missed A Dose Of Flornief, Wowza!

So, I ran out of florinef yesterday morning and didn't remember until I went to get my nightly dose last night. It was so late and I had to work today so I just decided I would go in the morning. Holy Moly did I withdraw! I urinated 3 times(large voids) in the middle of the night and then 3 more times this morning all within 20 minutes. I must have lost 2 gallons- not exaggerating. When I woke up, I could feel the adrenaline circulating like I hadn't felt in along time, I also had the cold sweats and felt really nauseous. It was like I had the flu/fever and drank 10 cups of coffee. I was really concerned that this was going to carry on after I went to pick up the flornief and into the workday. And it was a bad day but is didnt pass out. Sure thought I was going to a couple of times though!

Wow - I thought it was just me. Sorry you went through this Lemons but it's amazing how we help each other by sharing experiences. I did not realise that florinef had that effect on others. I was having 8 hour adrenaline rushes every other day until I took it and it stopped instantly.

Why? Why does this have that effect on suppressing adrenaline or missing a dose bringing it on. I thought it just kept more water in the body. Why does it affect the adrenal system even if you drink lots of water?

me too! I am actually going through a severe relapse I suspect brought on by stopping my florinef for a week. In the last 3 days I feel like I am right back to where I started 8 months ago :( massive head pressure, lightheadedness, drunken feeling.....started florinef again hoping it kicks in and these horrid symptoms go away again :( I definately think there is more to Florinef and how it interacts with the body than what dr's tell us.......

Thanks everyone for your posts here. This thread raises a big question mark for me :huh: . I've been on florinef since Feb and occasionally I skipped taking it on purpose, or took only 1/2 of my regular amount, as my BP was spiking to levels uncomfortable for me (but "normal" according to my doctors) and the consequences were ... None. Sometimes I'd get lower BPs the following day, but I've seen no correlation between the amount of florinef I take (or don't take) and the adrenaline surges I believe are responsible for my BP fluctuations. Same medicine, same disorder, yet we all react so differently.

Alex