Electricity down my spine

Ling

Dear All

It not doing well at all. I am suffering with intense pressure in my head and a sense of electricity going down my spine. I phoned my Cardiologist last night and he said I need a brain scan (Cat scan). I am on my way to my GP. I trust her judgement 100 %.

Do any of you get this and what must I do? I am use to Migraines but this is unbearable. Still busy weaning myself off the heart medication. I will not give up!

Ling,

I too get episodes of intense pressure in my head, very much like a vacuum pressure though, as if something is sucking my brain and blood vessels inward. It's painful and nauseating. I don't get the electricity feeling in my spine though. I had an MRI and they said everything looked fine. I'm glad you're getting it checked out. Hopefully the results will put you at ease. I'll keep you in my prayers. :D

I've had that head pressure, but the sensation I get in my spine is more like someone poked me with a cattle prod - very brief and intense, but not exactly painful... Sort of like a shock, you know?

Does anyone know if what Ling is feeling can be an effect of going off a medication?

Hi Ling, when I first got sick I had the feeling of electricity going down my spine. For me, it was somehow related to a long-standing infection I had (2 years). Once I finally got treated for that it went away. I'll occasionally get the spine-tingling again if I'm coming down with a cold or something.

Hope your doctor can help you figure things out.

Take care, Pam

Ling, sorry you are feeling so poorly. Yes, I have had the head pressure. I know there are several types but mine is always like a brick INSIDE the base of my skull being forced out. It was frequent and worse at the onset. Now I get it rarely. I also think Florinef made it worse for me and I don't take that anymore.

I have not had the electricity feeling in my spine but have had the feeling in my head. CT and MRI didn't show anything to explain why.

good luck to you Ling.