Heart Arrythmias

gertie

Do you find that laying flat makes the palps worse? I noticed when I go to the dentist this week & they reclined the chair flat my heart felt like it would beat out of my chest through the whole visit. I also remember that the prior visit they left the chair in a more upright position & I didn't have a problem. I didn't think about this until I got home & I remembered a dental hygienist told me once that she had heart patients that couldn't be reclined. Thanks.

I definitely notice an increase in certain positions, and have noticed the same thing at the dentist, the podiatrist, and once in the ER when they laid my bed flat. They didnt even warn me they just pulled the lever and my heart went crazy.

The heart patients that the hygienist is most likely referring to are those with heart failure. The reason is not because their heart goes crazy, but because they cannot breathe while lying flat. It's called orthopnea. :0) It occurs in some respiratory conditions as well.