Anybody Get Really Lightheaded When Stretching/waking Up Laying In Bed?

This happens to me before I come to a full awakening to get out of bed. Usually my lightheadedness is when I'm standing so this lying in bed stretching seems new to me. I have also rare occassion that I will wake from deep sleep with my bed totally drenched from profuse sweating (like I do when I have near syncope). Could this signify the blood pressure having dropped too low in my sleep? My BP is usually at its lowest first thing in the morning and again at bedtime. Is this typical for us?

I think everyone gets a little lightheaded when they stretch in the morning (or maybe i just think that's normal?) I do get lightheaded while lying on my back and sometimes dizziness even wakes me up when i'm in a light sleep. Then i turn my head to the side and it goes away.

jen, i always thought it was, it only happens when i wake up in the morning. Ruby, i posted a topic on Ach and sleep that might answer your sweating question. I too sweat upon waking, but it comes and goes in prevalence.

jen, i always thought it was, it only happens when i wake up in the morning. Ruby, i posted a topic on Ach and sleep that might answer your sweating question. I too sweat upon waking, but it comes and goes in prevalence.

Thanks for posting the article. I hate, hate, hate when it happens. I do also feel more lightheaded (just a bit) when lying on my back. I've had the sleep paralysis very randomly for decades. I also sleep walk/talk. I had 2 sleep studies showing hypersomnia and excessive daytime sleepiness, narcolepsy. Reading the article I had to laugh. My DH set his alarm to get up for early travel this morn. I had been awake (laying with eyes closed) and heard his alarm go off at 5. After what seemed a while (him still sleeping), I thought I had gently shook his shoulder and said the alarm went off but then since no voice came out, I thought I must have been dreaming. DH rolled over in bed and asked 'what?'. I told him that I hadn't said anything. He said, 'no, you poked me in the shoulder'. (Then he proceded to remind me how I do a lot of things when I'm asleep--which makes it so hard for him to tell if I am really awake or asleep). But the sweating (which thankfully seldom happens) is down right embarrassing and uncomfortable.

I sleep on my side/stomach mostly and have also had to literally pick up my arm using the other whenever it goes numb to turn over and get it out of harm's way (LOL).