The Pots Together We Stand Book -

comfortzone

I own it and have read most of it. It's very informative and very long. There's any thing you can think of about possible treatments and other things relating to POTS. The only thing is the first edition was not edited so there are a lot of mistakes but that's not a big deal to me. :)

Thanks Chaos! I did that very thing - "together we stand" and with the word Pots and I kept coming up dry - with as bright a group as we have here I was sure someone in Dinet must have either written it or had read it... That being said - we always have new members joining the ranks - and I figured I'd give a shout out about it... nothing like the power of a good book to support you in the fray!

Does anyone remember if it's kind of "solely" for the POTs people - or if it would also help other odd blood pressure / orthostatic issues of intolerance? I'm guessing it would help anyone - yet if it's specifically for people with heart rates over 130 (unmedicated) - from slight movements - well that's not me & I might get frustrated with that...

Thanks - I'll also try a few other phrases to snag that old thread - thanx C!

Did you know that Dr. Blair Grubb also is a writer? I was reading one of those Chicken Soup for the Soul books and a really neat story in the book was written by him! Not about POTs but about an experience that highlights faith in a very cool set of circumstances that befuddled him early in his career as a resident I believe....

Nowwhat- Very cool. Thanks for letting us know about the Blair Grubb story in Chicken Soup for the Soul. I've had that book on my shelf for 4 years and now maybe I'll actually read it. LOL

http://forums.dinet....__fromsearch__1

Sorry it's not coming up as a link but if you copy and paste it into your search box it should bring up the old post about the book. Might give you further input.

Oh. It did come up as a link after I posted it. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished this book and thought it was good.

There is a large part of it geared at teens or

parents of teens BUT you don't miss anything of you skip those parts!

I think the second of have the book put together by Dr Svetlana Blitshtyn is the best. She touches on the mechanisms but what I liked the most is when she talked about coping. Dr Blitshtyn seems to have a good understanding of our struggles and have some great advice on coping, at least I think so :)

I have read it and thought it was good (I am 40). There are a lot of typos and I feel like that makes it feel very unprofessional. But it was nice to have a book to read about POTS. She gathered tons of info into one place. There were no earth-shattering miracle cures in the book, but I am glad I read it.

• 3 weeks later...