Does Your Pots Seem To Reset After Passing Out?

mully2014

My body used to "reset" when I passed out but unfortunatly for a while now my body doesn't seem to be resetting after I faint. The "reset" would be when I would have less symptoms (still had them but it was better). Eventually the dizzy spells would increase and I would pass out but I would feel better for a bit after passing out. Wish I could get that feeling again!

So, how many people "reset"?

I felt I reset after an episode of tachycardia that usually included an adrenaline surge.

My symptoms have improved and I don't get to that point now where I need to reset.

It could have just been a feeling.

I think I almost got a second wind or runners high with that reset feeling.

Mine definitely "resets" after I pass out. I usually try to fight off passing out as I don't care to be unconscious nor do I like the feelings I get right before I pass out. BUT sometimes it's just prolonging the suffering.

I'll sometimes have this happen with friends and they'll get me to some place safe (where I can lay down or recline, or otherwise fall/hit my head) and tell me to just pass out. Other than feeling tired, I usually feel quite good after passing out. I wouldn't use the word refreshed, but maybe 10-15 mins afterwards I do feel ready to take on the world again.

My body seems to be more stable afterwards as well.

Most of the time my body "resets" itself after about 10 minutes after syncope. I get syncope daily so I am quite used to this. After I faint, it takes me a few minutes to "come to" and become conscious entirely... then I am groggy, a little out of it, I think that I am almost in another world for a bit... but within 10 minutes I am usually back to normal. When I say "normal" I don't mean normal as in people without autonomic dysfunction, but normal as in if I lying down and not having any major symptoms.

I am normally okay until I am upright again. I am one of those people who happens to be in a flare that will cause syncope or near syncope almost every time I am upright at all. My standing limit is less than a minute.

Jen

I have never fainted from POTS, but I have fainted when I had the flu really bad. I felt so terrible before I fainted and when it was over I felt a lot better... Not sure why. :)

I don't think I have ever "reset". In fact, I have to be super cautious after I have a syncope issue, because I am very, very likely to just keel back over again when I try to get up. There have been episodes where I have been stuck on the floor for HOURS, because every time I try to get back up again, I come crashing back down. Today, in fact has been pretty bad, have had three full syncopes, and dozens of near syncopes. DISLIKE!

Sandy