First Infusion Tomm

surfgirl14

Hey guys. So the fluids were amzingg, lets just say they are magic! lol... but the atmosphere was not the greatst. I was supposed to be going to my local childrens hospital infusion center but my doctors don't have permessions there or w/ever they want to call it so I had to be refered to this cancer center that is for adults. So it was scary and there was no kids just me. ahh :unsure: so me and my mom found out that their is a pediatric cancer center just for kids that has an infusion center up the road from there so we are gona call on MOnday and find out if I can get in there. So yea i am hoping I will be able to! Anyways other then the atomosphere the infusion went great ... which is what really matters! :)

Hey guys. So the fluids were amzingg, lets just say they are magic! lol... but the atmosphere was not the greatst. I was supposed to be going to my local childrens hospital infusion center but my doctors don't have permessions there or w/ever they want to call it so I had to be refered to this cancer center that is for adults. So it was scary and there was no kids just me. ahh :unsure: so me and my mom found out that their is a pediatric cancer center just for kids that has an infusion center up the road from there so we are gona call on MOnday and find out if I can get in there. So yea i am hoping I will be able to! Anyways other then the atomosphere the infusion went great ... which is what really matters! :)

I get my IV gamma globulin at a cancer center's infusion center. It's a little depressing. A volunteer elderly cancer survivor visited me before the nurse started my 5 hour drip and chatted a few minutes and gave us a magazine--'What caused my Cancer'. It was cold in there and the recliners hard and slick--I didn't have enough upper body weight to keep the darn thing reclined. They were short on blankets and the lunch was surprisingly not only terrible but not healthy. I used my full length down coat for a blanket. And I will know to take snacks or send hubby to the cafe. If all keeps going well, I'll only have to go back for 2 more. I can do that--then we're going to have Home Care nurse show me how to give it myself in the comfort of my home. (I would be inserting big smiley face right here but sometimes when I try, the computer freezes up). Glad things went well. I was wondering how things were going to affect my dysautonomia but they used saline (only not like hydration rate--just before the globulin, to drip in between drips of globulin to keep the vein open and then to flush the vein after the globulin). Best wishes to you.