Having Seizures While Unconscious?

Alyssa

Twice tonight I fainted and then according to my friends I began convulsing: head slamming repeatedly onto the ground, legs and arms very stiff and jerking, bit my tongue, and making a weird choking noise(?). Eyes were closed. I vomited when I woke up.

My HR has been recently dropping, and before the episode my BP was 72/61 and HR was 160 while sitting. Both of these fainting episodes occurred while I was still sitting (shortly after sitting due to being dizzy) - which very rarely happens.

I awoke very confused, thinking I had just fainted and then woke back up. In reality I was out for roughly 5 minutes.

One was before taking my midodrine, the other was about 3 hours after taking it.

My theory is that both my HR and BP dropped at the same time... would this cause it? Why wouldn't blood have returned to my head when I was laid down?

I'm really at loss of what I should do. Definitely contacting my doctor tomorrow. Just glad that I was wearing my helmet... which is now scuffed to shreds due to one of the episodes being on concrete.

Oh no! I hope you are doing better. I think you should go to the ER if this hasn't happened to you before or if it happens again. If your friends think you really had a seizure then I think it sounds like you need to go in.