Stomach Issues

micheller

This is going to sound kind of backwards. I go through spurts (usually 2-3 weeks) where I won't/can't eat or drink much of anything. It's usually a sip to take my meds in the morning and maybe a sip later in the day. When I have these spurts, I have no appetite but also no symptoms unless I go from crouching to standing really fast. I actually feel wonderful! After I get my appetite back, I seem to want to eat all day and will get symptoms whether I eat or not. I get dizzy, really nauseous, light headed, vision disruptions, tachy, sweaty. Today is when my appetite came back after almost 4 weeks. I didn't eat a ton but ate. My legs and ankles are so swollen they hurt. I feel awful, flu-ish. From what I've read, symptoms are usually worse when there isn't much food or liquid intake. Any ideas what could be causing this or tips?

This happens to me too! The exact same thing. It's almost like my body doesn't need food or something. Unfortunately I have no idea why it happens though. The only thing I can think of is maybe there is a certain thing in a lot of foods that triggers my POTS, but I don't know...

I did this for 15 1/2 years. I looked grey and dropped weight each time. At one point I was

a size 2 down from an 8 - 10.

The only food I could eat was gluten filled bread and I drank ensure

or boost several times a day. I mentioned the gluten filled breads because I'm a celiac with

A dq2 gene so it's odd that this was my go to food. It calmed my digestive tract because

if I only drank ensure, etc I had too much acid. I don't think I became a celiac until 2005 becausr

Thst's when it started giving me the runs.

Imho, you should get tested for celiac, food intolerances, dysbiosis, leaky gut, parasites and candidiasis.

Kefir or a good probiotic should help. Be sure that you're taking one you're not

allergic to. And take it 3 - 4 times a day at first. Tc .. D

I have been tested for celiacs, parasites, delayed stomach emptying...everything was normal or neg. When it's a 'bad' day or week, I can't tolerate anything or I feel horribly sick. It's like my body is rejecting everything I put in it. I do have severe reflux, even after 3 surgeries for it but now my wrap is a complete mess. I don't have much reflux unless I eat or drink. I know my intestines are very slow, I had to take stimulant laxatives for 22 years before I had a surgery for that too. I'm not sure if that could be contributing to it but I haven't found a pattern or trigger. It's always bad for 2-3 weeks so I'll lose about 15 pounds and then ok for 4-5 weeks where I gain it all back. The time frame is never longer for good or bad. I see my GI and neurologist at the end of Feb so I will definitely be asking about this.

Today started a good week so I want to eat, I'm hungry but when I do it seems like my reflux gets out of control which makes for problems in itself, especially at night. I drink a lot when I feel ok but can't drink too much or it puddles in the back of my throat. This is all so frustrating.