Happy New Year! And Please Make The Fire Works Stop!

Katybug

Hi Folks! Happy New Year!

So I live just on the edge of a big city and I can hear fireworks from several sources as well as the residential fireworks and gunfire (unfortunately) that come along with being in the city. It is, of course, setting off adrenaline surges like crazy. I love New Year's Eve but has anyone found any good solutions for avoiding the adrenaline surge part of the festivities? SO, glad I stayed in tonight!

I need to get some myself.

The noise the kids make gets to me at times.

They are usually just playing-just being kids but with my oversensitivity it gets me worked up really irritated and I can get into a migraine state from it and just really really on edge.

I often then feel so irritable when my husband comes in I really let him have it.

I know it doesn't sound fair at all.

I haven't been able to help it and he takes off so much ( he needs too ) but I feel then I am left with the noise and trying to deal with it.

I should get ear plugs and see if it helps a little.

I tried talking to him and he just gets defensive and yells at me.

I realize some of this is my frustration from not being able to manage the four children on my own ( not necessarily his fault )

I guess what I'm thinking is some of this is out of our control.

We cannot entirely control these situations.

So we need to look for whatever means we can to help us cope.

I think I'll try plugs.

I wish I had thought of earplugs! I even have some readily available, my fiance is a metal fan, and values his hearing, so he has disposable ones he keeps on our nightstand. <face palm!>

Sandy

In Arkansas all the Firework noise causes the black birds to fall dead from the sky. Apparently their adrenaline peaks as well. They need some earplugs too I guess!

Brye