Working From Home

Alyssa

I'm reaching the point where I'm starting to realize that I may never be able to drive again. I can live with that, but I can't live without a job.

My current job has been very supportive and they are helping me in every way they can (arranging documents for me to work on online, arranging transportation, giving me at home projects). However, even with them doing all they can, I'm only averaging 5 or so total hours per week.. ie: NOT enough to live off of.

Money is getting tighter and bills are getting higher and I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and hard place.

Does anyone have job suggestions? I'm just thinking in terms of work that I can do from home, but I don't even know where to start.

I don't have a college degree yet as I had to drop out my first semester due to health.

There has to be something out there!!

Hey. I noticed no one has yet to commenet on this so I thought id give u some feed back. I am 18 and had to quit working at 16 due to my POTS. I find it nearly impossible to work a steady job with POTS. But anyways I was going to say I have heard some people have office/receptionist/secreatary jobs from home. Doing things filing paperwork, organizing , putting in data, anwering phones, and etc. I found some of these type of jobs on craigslist. I hope this help a little.

Wish you all the best and Good Luck! :)

Alyssa,

I am at a similar place. I have been out of work for 8 months now. I tried to do some consulting work but this illness is too unpredictable to stick to scheduled appointments so I am trying to finish my last case today. Then I am going to attempt to start a business online to offer technical assistance and curriculum ideas. (I was in childcare). Also I am going to try to write some articles that relate to my field. I don't know what your field or interests are but maybe there is a way to do something similar. Online college is another option. I have been going to school online to get my BA and I receive financial aid and student loans that help me. It isn't enough but everything helps.

Thanks for the help guys!

Currently I work as a dog trainer, and I absolutely love my job! The downside is the amount of standing and running around that it requires me to do and I fear that I might have to give it all up. I've worked for years to get to the position I am in, so throwing it all away is a bit depressing.

I'm hoping I can find something I can do at home (anything really!) to bring in some income, and then continue my current job on good days.

Are you artsy or crafty? What about selling on etsy? I do (making neckties) and it works for me because I can work when I feel good enough and rest when I need to. You just have to stay organized so that you can meet the deadlines that you agree to with customers. I try to stay a few days ahead on my orders in case I don't feel well and can't work on a given day. Even if you don't sew or knit you can do anything homemade, like photography or graphic design.

Edited by corina