The Forum/website - A Huge Thank You!

arizona girl

Rachel, thank you for becoming our new president. From the looks of the forum and website, you are doing a wonderful job. To all the volunteers that have improved dinet's website as it has gone through transition. It is really looking great! Also thanks to all the other volunteers who moderate and do other services for dinet, you are all so wonderful for giving of yourselves.

As we all know dinet has been a life saving service for many of us and it is a pleasure to come on to help and be helped!

As soon as I'm able, I'd like to volunteer in some way too! Perhaps, I can put together the info on Small fiber neuropathy, that Rachel requested a while back. I was unable to respond and have been off line because a computer virus (have new cpu, now!) and the unexpected pleasure of much family visiting for all the holidays, and the legal issues you all know I've been dealing with, because of the doctors arrest and also being the plantiff in a car accident. Hopefully all will be said and done by the spring and I will have all that stress off the table, so I have more time to give.

I wish you all the merriest of christmas and/or the holiday season. Wishing you all much Joy and Goodwill!

PS, with the new cpu, I will also have microsoft professional, including the new version of publisher. I do have experience with the old, old version and newsletters, but I will have to wash the rust off those skills, before they are good enough for prime time. But the possibilites are there to contribute in that way too!

I second that. I really appreciate this website and forum. It provides some much needed company when I feel alone with POTS and that people don't understand how I feel. The site is also a source of quality and relevant information on dysautonomia.

Many thanks to all of you that give your time and energy to this site xx

I'd like to add my 'thanks' as well! I was just thinking that this forum has an incredible collection of intelligent, well-informed, compassionate, and caring people on it! Since I've only been diagnosed for a few months now, this has been almost literally a life saver for me in terms of trying to understand my disease and realizing that all the weird physical phenomenon I've had all my life are not "normal" but actually part of this disease! Most importantly, though, just the support and interaction with the people on this forum has been amazing for me. I have never been so socially isolated on a day-to-day basis as I am right now due to my inability to leave the house most days, and as everyone here knows, the majority of people we encounter have a very difficult time understanding this disease and the extent to which it affects us. I've had some very low points (mentally and emotionally) in the past months, and just knowing that there are people here who understand and care has gotten me through much of this.

So I know I'm a little late for Thanksgiving (in the U.S.), but I'm most definitely thankful for this forum and all of you on it this year!

Yes, thanks to Michelle our founder and to all the people who keep our forum such a great place. You have given your time despite your POTS and on top of all of your family, school and professional obligations. I was watching CNN heroes the other day and thinking you should be nominated because you are heroes to all of us. Thank you!

Thank you, everyone. It is a pleasure to serve you all. DINET was a huge help to me back in 2004 when I first found the website, and I'm so happy to have the opportunity to help out now.

I can't take credit for the website. Michelle Sawicki is the one who researched and built the site. I am grateful for all of her hard work over the years.

ArizonaGirl, we'd love to have you join our volunteer team whenever you are able. Just let me know!

I want to add my thanks to all of you DINET moderators and volunteers. I couldn't do this without all of your hard work. You are greatly appreciated!

Thanks Rachel and Thankful for asking me. Thankful already e-mailed me about the newsletter. I've done small ones using the old version of publisher, but I don't have or know adobe design. Not that I couldn't learn it. What I do know is putting together a newsletter takes time and my skills are rusty, so it would be a lot to take on the full responsibility for that. I don't want to get in over my head, with the legal stuff still pending. The trial is in March, if doesn't get moved again.

I did see you posted about someone doing a dinet page for small fiber neuropathy. If no one has stepped up on that, I could work on that. I could also ask my neuro if he'd like to contribute to it. He had already said okay to listing in the doctors list. I haven't done that yet either. After the holidays I should have a bit more time, for some smaller projects.

I think I am going to try and take, some cpu classes at the community college up the street next semester. So, we will see if I can make myself ready for prime time. If I do anything, I do need people to review my stuff, because I don't always see my own errors, when typing. Though I sure see other peoples!!! Why is that!

Thanks again for all you guys are doing!