Crying Like A Child After Starting Midodrine Yesterday. The Crying I Would Call A Symptoms B/c I Feel So Bad. Dr. Emailed Me, I'm Lost & Scared !

hyperpots

Sorry everyone,

I don't mean to be a complainer, but I literally have felt like I'm Having a Heart Attack for every waking Hour today. On top of that, I was trying to get my breath all day long.

I took Xanax, B-Blocker, Percocet, Benadryl and NOTHING will bring me down. I get tired in the head, but my body keeps going. I've been hopitalized 5 times before the POTS / Dysautonomia with cathethers fed up into my brain, at least 10 MRI's, Head CT's, Enough bloodwork to test everything on this earth.

Even when I had a minor procedure, I required 5 x the amount of sedation that a Normal Person gets. There must be something that will settle down my system.

Even a 5mg Lexapro will ramp up my CNS and cause the above symptoms.

What am I suppose to do ? I expressed to my Dr. that it's bad enough being totally disabled with all of this, but I emphasized how I needed RELIEF from symptoms.

I was smiling, still feeling sick, but my CNS wasn't going as crazy before taking the Midodrine Yesterday and today. I was suppose to get Mestonin, which I thought would settle me down, but the Dr. didn't want to start 2 meds at once.

So, he didn't call me back, but he emailed me back and told me to cut dose to 2.5mg 2 x day, which is what I did today, but Yesterday was 5mg and I got 3 doses at 5mg.

The ER will spit me right out and tell me to Live with it ! I know this from at least 50 ER visits.

If anyone has some advice, I would sure like to hear it.

I'm a 40 y.o Divorced Male trying to raise my 2 kids by myself. They are in 4th and 5th grade. I could sure use some phone support if anyone is willing to talk to me.

You would think someone close to me just died the way my mood is right now and has been all day. My Nanny is spooked, but she heard alot of what the Dr. said and feels helpless. I don't want to lean too hard on her as she is very young.

Sorry again to complain...

Steven

I feel like I get this so much.

I wish I could do more.

I would do the call but my husband is bonkers right now mood wise and already half way off the deep end which is exacerbating my own symptoms I think.

I came unglued after eating some pork chop-heart crazy, and esophagus spasming.

Living together isn't going so well we have been living separately since June and just started staying in this new place this past weekend and he already stomped out and got his own inflatable mattress and has set up his own bedroom-blah! I hate having to witness his behavior.

I don't know why I'm typing all this except to present that my situation is already beyond delicate and besides that I don't have any answers really.

I have found these states that you are in now to be horrible and pure torture so I understand you are in pain.

I wonder if the meds haven't made things worse and also if you were expecting things to improve it becomes devastating when they don't.

The only thing I can think of is giving yourself 24-48 hours to let the meds get out of your system and then just try a tiny portion of a dose and see if your body can tolerate it better.

And also yes you need support right now.

I actually saw improvement in symptoms after friending 2 local women that I talk to on the phone periodically.

The one totally gets this does not have a POTS diagnosis but I'm suspect due to how she describes her symptoms.

She is diagnosed with anxiety disorder but her doctor witnessed one of her so called panic attacks and thought it looked more like a seizure to see her go through it.

Anyway just having that support and people who get it helped me improve ( weird ) they said they have been praying for me. Not so weird. : )

Anyway yes support support support.

I am 45 4 kids and very unstable hubby so I totally get the stress.

I couldnt tolerate midodrine at at all at any dose!!! I have had some better luck with florinef but even now I am trying to wean off of that due to side effects...(maybe you could ask your doc about florinef?)....I am starting Mestinon next week now that my internist is back and he is looking into seeing if he can get Ivadrabine? its used in the UK but not sure if he can get it in Canada....he thinks beta blockers are completely useless so he is looking at other alternatives....his background is very varied...oncology, cardiology and internal medicine so I am hoping he will have some different ideas......keep faith...you just have to keep riding the symptoms out.....it will settle down....it sounds strange but I have had good luck with taking magnesium to help settle down some of the adrenaline surges...have you tried anything like that?

Bren

I agree with Bren. Magnesium has really helped with my resting pulse rate and also makes my heart feel better. Anecdotally, it would seem quite a few POTS patients have been helped by Magnesium.

The other thing I take when my heart is going nuts is Hawthorn extract (in a herbal tea). It actually slows my heart rate down and makes it feel better. It is particularly helpful for me when the type of tachycardia I am experiencing is the forceful almost painful heart beats. I seem to be able to take it for days at a time and throughout the entire day when needed.

While I tend to have low'ish blood pressure, I seem to be able to tolerate Hawthorn when I am feeling very tachy without it lowering my BP too much. I took Hawthorn before I went on Florinef and after I was on Florinef. It did not interact negatively with this medication.

Hope you feel better very soon.

I agree with Naomi to let your symptoms subside. Midodrine is excreted in urine so it should be out of your system pretty quickly. I also agree with others once subsided, you may want to take a little at a time. I also heard about Magnesium helping along with take B complex vitamins. This helped me with less fatigue especially in the morning. Being a single parent with young children is very stressful which is also not helping your symptoms. You are welcome to contact me just to talk. Just PM. I will be praying for you and your children. I am married parent of teenage daughters and it isn't easy coping with disease at any age whether married, single, widowed or divorced and having a family to provide for on top of it. Don't hesitate to PM me to talk. Hugs sent out to you.