Midodrine Side Effects, Not Doing Well At All.. Can't Get Dr. On Phone

hyperpots

Those goose bumps and hair standing on edge really went bezerk last night. I was feeling surges of this like 3 x a minute. I figured since I'm suppose to take it every 3 hours, it would be out of me in the morning and I'll just back off to 2.5mg instead of 5mg.

Forgot to mention, my heart felt like it was gonna pop through my chest right before I went to bed. Then I got nauseated and just dry heaved over my toilet. I have terrible anxiety from this, but never have felt any of this.

So, this morning I got up and took 2.5mg instead of the 5mg.

I have been ice cold freezing ever since. Feeling sedated as well. I usually can't go back to sleep once I'm up, but I had to at least lay in bed b/c I was so cold. I fell asleep, but have been shaking from being cold in my sleep. Phone rang and I'm up now and feel all disoriented probably from going back to sleep.

Dr. is not available and time for my next pill. Don't know what to do. The 5mg was def. way too much. BP and HR are ok for me.

Any advice or suggestions ?

Steven

My Dr. warned me Midodrine might make my heart race. I took such a miniscule dose just in case (tried it twice, taken at night) and both times I felt like I had been hit by the truck the next day - like a bad hangover. Didn't work out for me. I think many people have side effects in the beginning, try to ride them out and find that in time they go away. I don't have that kind of patience or tolerance. Maybe you should report side effects to your Doctor and see what he wants to do. He needs to be available to you if you're starting a new medication - I would insist on a call back.

Steven,

Wow, that seems like a really high dose to start you off on! No wonder you're feeling so out of sorts. I would think that perhaps 2.5 mg three times a day would be enough to start off with - remember, a lot of us potsies are really sensitive to meds. Try to get to your doctor and ask him the lowest dose he thinks you may benefit from. I think I started off at 2.5 mg twice a day, and then it ended up that I still couldn't tolerate it! Are you also on Florinef?

Cheers,

Jana

Not on Florinef !

I just took my 2nd 2.5mg along with a Beta Blocker he said to try. Was trying to see if I could do this without the Beta Blockers as in the past they have only controlled HR and did nothing for the Anxiety.

I honestly believe in my case, the Anxiety triggers my shortness of breath. It's that intense that I think everything gets dysregulated. I know when I'm not so revved up, my breathing is fine.

I wouldn't think the 5mg I took 3 times yesterday would still be causing symptoms today since you have to take it so often, but I havn't woken up so terrible in the longest time.

I put a call into the Dr., but I already know what he will say. He will tell me to reduce the dose or stop the drug entirely. Either way, he is so busy that I doubt I will hear back from him.

Steven