Burning In My Body

Darlene

I have had blushing probably forever. But then mostly just my face and neck. With allergy pills it has lessened (but acording to the doc i dont have a mast cell issue)..

I do have burning in my feet and hands and sometimes all over my body, but that i think is of a different type than what u are thinking of...

Burning and pain in your hands/wrists and feet/ankles can indicate small fiber neuropathy. I have this, and am on meds for the extreme pain. It's caused by my dysautonomia, a nerve disorder....If anyone is having those symptoms, please get it checked out. My neurologist at Mayo Scottsdale gave me the punch biopsy test for this, and it was positive.

You also might want to get checked for carcinoid syndrome. These patients get flushing that can make you feel hot and like you are burning. My mom gets whole-body flushes with her carcinoid, but most people flush from the chest up. Also, diarrhea is a common occurrence with these flushing episodes. You can get checked by getting your chromogranin A drawn/CgA. It's a blood test and all major labs will run it.

katybug,

yes, thats what it feels like.

thankful, does your mom feel funny when this is happening?

this crazy episode scares the **** out of me. use to freak out really bad when it happened, but that just makes things worse. so no i try to remail calm.

i was diagnosed in 2005 with dysautonomia by a local cardiologist, and he referred me to dr. grubb. i have told grbb of this condition, and he just says it sounds like peripherial neuropathy, but never order tests to confirm.

i dont get anywhere with my family dr. so finally i went to my neurologist and said hey, somethings not right and told her of my symptoms. she did labs. the ANA was positive. and is referring me to a rheumatologist. i will bring the carcinoid thing up to him, abd getting chromogranin A drawn/CgA checked.

i thought maybe i had mast cell or something.

and wish i knew why i had tachycardia at night. at rest, your heart should be slower, not faster.

thankful, is there anything your mom does to try to ward off the episode? if you know something that helps. let me know.

i started isoniazid 6 months ago, and my symptoms are worse. i have 3 months to go.

Hey, I don't mean to freak you out! She's had symptomatic carcinoid syndrome for almost 30 years now, so it is cancer but it's the slowest growing cancer you can have.

Yes, she feels horrible during her flushing episodes. She gets this sense of doom, feels like she's going to panic or burst into tears, get the big D, BP can go way up (and in some people can drop if their tumors release histamine).

The only thing that helps her is octreotide. Somatostatin analogues like octreotide are the best treatment for carcinoid syndrome.