Bruises With Pooling/swelling

yogini

Do any of you get bruises when you're having pooling? I've had horrible pooling in the past. Now it's mild, but my right foot/ankle get very swollen. I'm having a POTS flare up right now and for the first time I not only have swelling but bruises on the knuckles of my right foot. I saw the dr about the swelling a couple years ago and he had no clue...I can only imagine his response if I ask about bruising. Any help would be appreciated! :)

I get brusing too and have been to a rheumy because of a positive ANA. They couldnt find anything, and told me when your blood pools in your legs, the bruises show easier. When my POTS was better, I hardly had any, but when its bad, I got a ton.

I have been checked for leukemia, autoimmune,ect. and nothing has came back. I was anemic, but took iron and even with my iron levels rising, it didnt really stop the bruising. I have also noticed that almost all my muscles are gone in my legs from being inactive. That probably has a big effect on how much you bruise because i am pretty much just skin now. I would still get it checked out, but I am just posting what I went through :)

Thanks guys. I do exercise, but realized that I could've gotten the bruise either from my shoe or from my open toed compression socks which line up right where I got the bruise. My right foot is swollen, so everything is tighter. I will definitely tell the dr if it happens again.